Greetings! I'm New!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sallyringgirl, Jul 30, 2015.

1. sallyringgirl
      Artistic

sallyringgirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi! I'm new here. I always had hearing problems in my left ear but lost the hearing entirely when I was 23 in 1985. I have had tinnitus ever since in that ear. It has never stopped. At the time, the hearing doctor said that I most likely had Meniere's so I have been on that site for many years. But I went to a new doctor recently and he told me I don't have MM but probably have Labyrinthitis. Anyway, what gets me most is the fatigue. And when you talk to medical professionals, they always say the same thing, "we don't know how to treat tinnitus." Ugh, and so it goes. I did start anti-depressants 6 years ago and they have helped a tremendous amount. What scares me the most is the fatigue. I just am tired all the time. I used to be able to do anything, now everything is an effort. And I used to be an athlete! I am going to start to play tennis again. I feel like I am at a stage where I should just accept it and not fight it. I don't have much hope that there will ever be treatment. No one wants to research it. I'm sick of it. I would love to hear what other people have done to treat it.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. James Brown
      Sporty

James Brown Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09-1998 2013(worst)2018 (T+H)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposition-noise trauma-siren
      I believe what causes you fatigue is depression and not T, but that it's just my opinion.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sallyringgirl
      Artistic

sallyringgirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Thanks, James. Someone else told me that too. But I have been on anti-depressants for many years now and they have helped me to much. I think it is part of it but I also think the constant ringing takes its toll on my body's ability to manage. I've decided to just accept all of it instead of fighting it. I'm too tired to fight it anymore. I just do the best I can at this point.

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Acceptance is key to habituation. Acceptance is best if you accept the T sound, but even if you don't like T, you can learn to accept the reality that you have this thing called T in your life, take the occasional annoyance, and move on to pursue life's goals. I wrote about the nice story of Zoe Cartwright who was completely deaf at 15 and has had unmaskable loud T. She suffered from it first but then quickly realize she didn't want to live the rest of her life fighting this T which is a reality. She decided to accept the reality and move on. She made it to university and made a tinnitus film. I talk about her story in great detail on page 14 & 15 of the Positivity Thread at the top of the main support forum. It even has the link to her short tinnitus film. She triumphs over T and even said when asked that she loves her life and enjoys it. She treats T as only a slice of her life. Life is made up of hundreds of pieces. T is only one piece. So keep on living your life and enjoy it as best as you can. She is not alone. There are many members who recover and live a normal life, and they write their success stories. Go read them up as many as you can to learn their insights. Here is my own success story if you have time to read it. Take good care of yourself and God bless your recovery.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

Don't give up on the medical field yet. There are new drugs being tested for T and here is a member reporting 75% reduction after the trial and here is her success story. So hang in there. Good things are happening.

Autifony Quiet-1 success story:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...he-autifony-quiet-1-study-great-results.9743/

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sallyringgirl
      Artistic

sallyringgirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Thanks, Billie.