@Greg Sacramento: Muscle Tension and Fluctuating Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Benoves, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Benoves

Benoves Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      26-9-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknow possibly noise trauma
      @Greg Sacramento

I did read somewhere your tinnitus did decrease due to massaging and better posture and later increased again.

I hope your tinnitus improves again. It must have been great to know that reduction is possible in your case. Does that make you more confident?

My jaw feels always a bit sore and numb. I also have an overbite since birth. I've not done any exercises at all but I want to try anything to improve my jaw/neck and hopefully tinnitus. I feel like because it fluctuates so much that something has to be causing it. I have a lot of tension in my lower jaw and neck.

Are you willing to help me with the exercises? What kind of exercises should I do? Do you have some examples?

I think you are the most knowledgeable guy here on the forum regarding muscles and nerves and the only one who can possibly help me. If the exercises don't help tinnitus they can probably help me feeling more relaxed when my jaw and neck isn't so sore anymore.

Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @Benoves I have a lot wrong within my neck. I studied every micro this and that within my neck. I tried all sorts of treatment including trigger points of my SCM and trapezius. Nothing really helped. Then I designed a posture program that included relaxing and placing back shoulders along with massages under the total jaw. Within a few months my T started dramatically dropping, but now my T has suddenly increased again. It may be forward head bending. Or it could be TMD - jaw. I also have a cut nerve within mouth where I have unbearable pain.

Not sure what helped me will help you, but I will send the exercises. I did post both the neck and jaw exercises back a week ago.

I also have hearing loss from first onset - syringing, but my T from that had finally lowered a bit. Now I have added somatic T.