Had Ringing for Years, Trying to Address It Now...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by meiji white, Dec 14, 2016.

1. meiji white

meiji white Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2000? 1990s?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, did have lots of loud music and other exposure.
      hi, i've had ringing for years, at least 10 years. i always attributed it to too much rock music, concerts, being in bands, working carpentry, and shooting sports as a youngster. Now i'm trying to address it, starting with ear wax removal at home, otc product by Murine.

i also take medications daily: Remeron (mirtazapine) 20 mg and diazepam 1.5 mg both for anxiety; pantoprazole for acid reflux 80 mg daily; and simvastatin for cholesterol 40 mg. i use marijuana daily, and sildenafil just started occasional use at 40 mg.

i became more aware of my tinnitus a year ago on a camping trip when i was focusing on sounds around me. this year i notice it being worse some days. seems that stress kicks it up a notch in volume. seems the marijuana does too.

i hope to learn from others on this forum what i can do to lessen it, esp as i age. i just turned 59, am in generally good health tho a bit overweight. thanks all.

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      HI @meiji white It might be a good idea to get a referral to ENT so they can run some tests on your auditory system. Click on the link below as you might find the information on tinnitus helpful.
      All the best
      Michael https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/

• Like Like x 2