Hair or Some Object Stuck in Ear Drum

Discussion in 'Support' started by Thuan, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Thuan

Thuan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection right ear 2018. Sound trauma left ear 2020.
      I have either a hair or some needle like thing stuck in the ear drum. I have a lot of mosquitoes lately biting me and was wondering if anyone knows if the mosquito needle point can come off?

I've tried using some very fine eye brow trimmer to pull it out but I keep missing. I can hear the trimmer touching. It's sounds like a card board box being tapped. However, it doesn't budge at all!

I stopped trying to fish it out since I think it might get worse if I accidentally push it in more.

I'm going to my general practitioner this evening and see what can be done but in the mean time what do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think you're smart to keep your tweezers out of there until your doctor can see it.

I'd be sorta shocked if it was a mosquito stinger, I don't think those are strong enough to hold up to mechanical poking with tweezers, but I studied computers and not insects so don't quote me on that.

Very strange but probably more inconvenient than serious; definitely let us know what the doctor says! ENTs definitely have tools that would make extracting something like that pretty easy; I don't know about a GPs office, but, seems like you just need a scope and tiny tweezers that can work around it, which are things I have in my bathroom so I hope your GP does!

3. Kendra

Kendra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSNHL/ Acoustic Trauma
      Looks like hair to me but more like beard hair since it looks so thick. Hopefully it’s an easy fix!

4. Digital Doc

Digital Doc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      Looks like a hair, maybe from a hair cut. Will need to be removed by visualizing it with an otoscope. Blindly trying to grab it will risk perforation of the eardrum, so totally a bad idea.