Haircuts

Discussion in 'Support' started by rod710, Sep 25, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. rod710

rod710 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi all, New member here.

First of all, id like to say thanks for sharing all your experiences with T, it is very comforting to know im not the only one suffering this "Lovely" Noise.

I do need an advice, I developed tinnitus almost 3 months ago and at this point i don't know the cause, i did get my hearing tested and i do have mild to moderate high frequency hearing loss. That might be the cause but i think my hearing loss started one night when i was bartending a very loud party over a year ago. Never heard the T until recently when I was going under a very stressful situation.

I think overall im slowly coping with ti, i do have good and bad days and realized that the best therapy is keeping myself occupied.

I was wondering if anyone here has ever had a bad reaction when getting a haircut? I think i have mild H as well as Im sensitive to noises like plastic bottles, but is not too bad, it doesn't hurt. Should I use ear lugs when getting a haircut?

any answer will be greatly appreciated

thanks!!

2. Zorro!
      Wtf

Zorro! Member

I pop ear plugs in everyday when I use my electric razor to shave. I also use them when I'm getting my hair trimmed. Works great. (y)

3. rod710

rod710 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey @Zorro!

Do you also have H or only T?

4. Zorro!
      Wtf

Zorro! Member

I have both H and T. The H has been very bad at times. Thankfully it has calmed down somewhat but it's still bothersome. I know exactly what you mean when you say noises like plastic bottles.

5. rod710

rod710 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      How long before your H calmed down? it can be annoying at times and weird because traffic noises do not bother me but a very low frequency noise like the keyboard would.

Did you also get headaches, ear pain and dizziness? Im still not sure if that's due my H.