Happy Birthday to Me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Nikki5, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Nikki5

Nikki5 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hi all,
      An early bday celebration for me has brought me to this place it seems :( I am 40 and went out with my girlfriends last Friday night to a loud bar. Nothing out of the norm, pretty loud but not standing next to a speaker or anything. Get home and ears are ringing, didn't think anything of it....until the next day. Ringing never stopped and my left ear was completely muffled and my allergies were pretty bad. I don't like concerts, a few years back I went to a bar that had a really loud band and my ears rang for a day but that's it.

Went to GP last week she said I had a lot of fluid in my ears and i had eustachian tube dysfunction. Gave me steroids, nasal spray, nothing has helped, ringing still there both ears, one feels higher pitch than the other. She thinks the combo of allergies and loud noise created the perfect storm of hell I feel like I am in. Makes sleep impossible, hear ringing over TV, fan at night makes it worse. Going to see ENT Monday but have low expectations after reading stories here. Just wanted to say what a great community this is and praying I see some improvement. Thx for reading if u made it this far. :)

• Hug Hug x 7
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. John_415

John_415 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
    4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Nikki5 ,Welcome to Tinnitus Talk .
      I would try antihistamines to reduce the mucous use the nasil spray and steam inhalation to clear your tubes.
      Love glynis

5. housemzk

housemzk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 18, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussions, wisdom teeth removal, neck, jaw, stress, noise?
      @Nikki5 - I feel for you. I was gifted with tinnitus right around my 40th birthday also.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nikki5

Nikki5 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Thx everyone for the advice and kind words.

Just wanted to post an update-yesterday my ringing seemed to lessen a bit. My ears finally popped so I think that helped. Also lots of benadryl to help me sleep and steam. Still there but less on the left and not as high pitched on the right. Went to ENT and he said my ears looked good, lots of drainage so he thinks the ringing was the sinus/stress related mixed with a loud bar made the ringing worse. Hearing test was completely normal so that's good. I got more steroids and he said to come back next week if not better. I will continue to report on updates, but I am going to be very protective of my hearing going fwd. Thank u again for the responses, I will update again this week.

• Like Like x 1