Happy Camper with Musical Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Swiftlearner, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Swiftlearner

Swiftlearner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I believe I began to have Musical Tinnitus after I started using 300 mg of Wellbutrin daily. It is nice non-interfering music that does not bother me at all. It is psychotics already. I can listen to music that I cannot remember all the lyrics but, I heard the WHOLE song!

I just want to share it as I may understand the issue more.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Sookat

Sookat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics, doxycycline
      This is Musical Ear Syndrome. I tend to only hear music rarely if I sit in silence for too long, especially if I'm laying on my side, but I'm not sure exactly what triggers it.

3. Janine Lilford

Janine Lilford Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi. I suffered musical hallucinatory tinnitus while in hospital being given Amoxiclav antibiotics. It was very strange and unnerving.

It was mainly two songs with musical background included over and over. Sweet Caroline was one. And at its worst I had Phantom of the Opera, although I like it. It carried on all night. After that I had a family chatting over breakfast taking their kids to school. I also had hallucinations while in hospital.

Thankfully it stopped once I was off the medication. Asking the Dr why I was having hallucinations etc, he suggested it was probably a side effect of Morphine. Only problem with that was I wasn't having any as his junior Dr pointed out.

It's quite disturbing what drugs can do. A very horrible experience. I still have tinnitus but buzzing in one ear now.

4. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      If it's nice and non-interfering then it's Muzakal tinnitus, not Musical.

muzak.gif

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    5. BIRDNAME

BIRDNAME Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknow/ possible traumatic experience
      I think MES looks different for everyone. You hear a sound that does not always match what you see. It's like living in several space-times. You twist reality and you see something hiding on the other side of the mirror. Own psyche.

I am not entirely sure if medical measures can prevent musical tinnitus. I believe that the symptoms worsen under stress. People with MES become sensitive to other sensations as well. Light, smell, touch, pressure change. Colours - Colours also begin to make sounds.

If you are undergoing treatment for depression, are taking drugs from this group, I advise against electrical impulse therapy. Both are incompatible and have side effects such as increasing electrical discharges in the left hemisphere of the brain - at least that was my experience.

The same may be true for the type of music you listen to. All music is a different kind of vibration and may not be entirely conducive to what is going on in your brain. You will observe it by the intensity of the sounds.

I wonder if focus can be a cure?