Has Anyone Else Had Their Tinnitus Go Away for 2 Seconds While Feeling Deaf?

Discussion in 'Support' started by lissaharold, Jan 12, 2016.

1. lissaharold

lissaharold Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      I am a month now with tinnitus, it is starting to not bother me as much, but I have noticed this odd thing that has happen only once in both ears, it feels like suddenly I can't hear anything for 2 seconds, my T disappears but it feels like my ears tune out and I feel deaf for 2 quick seconds. Like I said it has happened only once in both ears, it happened yesterday to my left ear and today to my right ear. I don't know if its something I should be worried about or not... Any thoughts? I am seeing my doctor tomorrow.

2. Nick Pyzik
      Depressed

Nick Pyzik Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/23/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to in-ear headphones & playing in a band
      @lissaharold I can relate to what you are saying. It's happened to me quite a few times and I believe even like two days ago. All I can say is that sadly, there is no medical expert that can give you an answer to these issues. You can be diagnosed with Tinnitus and be told to deal with it. That's it. Have you had any Hyperacusis problems?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lissaharold

lissaharold Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      In the start I did have Hyperacusis problems, Now I don't anymore, its just the T, that sometimes becomes supper low or just goes out for a few minutes then comes back. But the thing that I don't like is that I go deaf for 2 seconds without the T and then my hearing comes back with the T. It is a bad thing or normal? like I dont know what to expect from this. It happened yesterday to my leaf ear and today to my right ear.

4. Nick Pyzik
      Depressed

Nick Pyzik Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/23/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to in-ear headphones & playing in a band
      I had the same thing with the Hyperacusis in the start. It was not fun. It went away after awhile. It seems like we both have been having the same issues. Just make sure to protect your hearing more often now and be very aware of the sound levels going on around you. I can't say things will get better or get worse for you but just be careful with your ears now, hopefully some cures will be found within the next decade to fix any of the things we're having to face now.

Time and time again I keep telling people that Tinnitus is related to nerve fiber damage. I think those who have had hyperacusis can be associated with nerve damage because it's the result of the nerve fibers losing connection with its hair cell. Without the connection, the sound is much more louder and harmful to your brain since the original nerves aren't there to help out the Outer/Inner Hair Cell pick up the sound.

Check out this website though:

http://hyperacusisfocus.org/innerear/

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lissaharold

lissaharold Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      @Nick Pyzik Thank you so much for the info!! :)). Just try to not lose hope. At least we are still alive after all those blasting sounds, and Im thankful my brain didn't fry from those loud noises. haha....
      My doctor somehow mentioned something about this, 'damage to my auditory nerve', The guy knew what he was talking about. In the end who knows in reality whats going on. :/. I have been protecting my ears non stop, by plugging them up even though they hurt when I plug them up. In the case of damage to the nerve, if the nerve has a myeline sheet with shwann cells then there's always a big possibility for nerve rehabilitation, it will mean why so much people with acoustic trauma get heir hearing back and Tinnitus gone. Taking into consideration that only the peripheral nervous system has the ability to restore and remake damage nerves. The central nervous system doesn't since it lacks from the beautiful shwann cells. I can't thank you much more for giving me this spot light of thinking things through is so interesting... Because I have to say that acoustic trauma hearing loss/damage always has a higher percentage of getting better or going away if there isn't any stereo cilia damage.