Has Anyone Used Eustachian Tube Exercisers for Ear Fullness?

Discussion in 'Support' started by LAnative, Mar 12, 2019.

1. LAnative
      Fine

LAnative Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      I am going on 8 months with tinnitus that started from a single gunshot. My tinnitus bothers me for about 20% of my day, and I am being less and less bothered by it as time goes on (the subsequent visual snow syndrome is another problem but I'll save that for another thread :eek:)

What really does bother me is the ear fullness I got after the acoustic trauma. It went away the first time, but came back after a second trauma. Since then my left ear has a constant heaviness, fullness, wetness type feeling that I feel all the time. There are times of the day I don't hear my tinnitus and forget about it, but this I feel all the time. So this truly bothers me more than the tinnitus, since I feel it all the time.

I have read in another thread that a user had this fullness for months and tried a Eustachian tube exerciser and it cleared up within days. I know my ears aren't clogged like when you take an flight or drive up a hill, so I am not sure if this will work for me.

Has anyone tried this? It would be nice to know before I spend $50.

Thanks in advance.

2. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Sounds interesting... I'd try it. Link?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      LAnative
      Fine

LAnative Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      I haven't really shopped around yet, but this is the first one that came up:

https://express.google.com/u/0/prod...MIhfrwhcT94AIVAdNkCh0OQw3tEAkYASABEgIxi_D_BwE

I am hoping to find at least one other person to find success with this treatment.

Here is the other person to use it:

4. Manex

Manex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced 1995, Azithromycin 2018
      I used this. In fact, it's sitting about 1 foot from me right now because I would let it sit on my desk so I would use it often enough. It didn't work at all. I actually met someone a couple weeks ago and somehow we started talking about ear issues and such and he mentioned he had one of these and it didn't work for him either. It very well may work for some people though.

The only thing that has ever seemed to show some promise for me was focusing on de-stressing my jaw. It was the suggestion of a young ENT and ear surgeon. I never got to the point of "I'm cured" but also I had a traumatic incident that cut the process off midway and I need to eventually start to de-stress my jaw again soon and see if it can really work again.

• Like Like x 1
    5. dellwas

dellwas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussion or ETD
      I got one the other day. I've been suffering with tinnitus since Feb. 7th. It also came to light that I have ETD, and had BPPV. The Valsala often didn't work for me, and I've tried on and off for 1/2 hour some days to get my Eustachians to clear. Got this, and it cleared them in the first try in less than a minute. I recommend it for anyone with ETD issues.

• Like Like x 2
    6. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
    7. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Can the Eustachi worsen tinnitus? I have read elsewhere on this forum that the valsalva can induce/worsen tinnitus?

8. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      I asked an ENT doctor, who has tinnitus himself, if it would be safe to pop my ears with one of these devices, and he said it was. Of course, nothing is without some risk, however small.

9. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      I started doing some Gua Sha therapy around my ears and Eustacian tubes recently. I immediately noticed that when going into my mHBOT chamber, I was able to use the Valsalva maneuver much easier. Which made me believe I had at least a degree of ETD, and that it had improved--at least marginally. It's gotten even a bit better in the past few days. Used a plastic spoon for the Gua Sha. -- Cost = $0.

10. dellwas

dellwas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussion or ETD
      Problem with Valsalva and other maneuvers is that one can blow to hard. The Eustachi is set at 5psi so a lot less chance of doing any harm.

11. dellwas

dellwas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussion or ETD
      So you don't know if you have ETD or not? No HBOT chambers for use in Nova Scotia that I'm aware of, and if there were it would be cost prohibitive. The Eustachi works for me and I'll stick with it, thanks. I haven't tried Gua Sha, but do practice some Qigong exercises with moderate success.

12. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Has anyone here used this device to help lower tinnitus? If so, how long did you use it for before it helped?