Has Melatonin Calmed You Down Some at Night in Regards to Your Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, May 6, 2016.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Basically, what I am asking is does it mellow you out and help you to get to sleep? If it decreases your tinnitus as well, please tell.

2. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      Hi. Once I thought it helped. However I stopped taking melatonine cause if I take it I have interrupted sleep. Otherwise I really don't see any effect on me whatsoever. I still have a box of it at the bed and I pop some from time to time, but I mostly stick to herbal pills and hydroxizine.

• Like Like x 1
    3. truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      Magnesium helps me relax. 200g half an hour before bed. Excercise also helps you relax. I personally will not put any crap in my body unless I absolutely have to. The most important thing with T us to get your nervous under control.

4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nah, it's not really a sedative, at all, and the mechanism by which it decreases time to sleep onset is not especially well understood.

I did a series of escalation experiments with it when I was young and more foolish; my bleary memory is that taking 15-20mg in an afternoon produced something slightly akin to sedation, but I don't recommend it.

5. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      No poll this time? :)
      Melatonin has a very mild effect on me, i take it sometimes when i'm tired but my brain is still not into sleeping mode

• Funny Funny x 1
    6. Gr8fulDude
      Balanced

Gr8fulDude Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss from loud music and noise
      I tried melatonin, valarian and magnesium. I found the magnesium helped me relax. Not sure if valarian or melatonin helped. I agree that exercise makes a difference. But I really found deep breathing and meditation were most helpful.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      That is interesting. I take melatonin a lot and it really helps me relax but I take magnesium glycinate for regular bowel movements. Maybe the magnesium is partly relaxing me and I don't know it.

8. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I was using melatonin for about 8 months straight and before that some other stuff. It had no affect on my T, it was a hit and miss when it came to sleeping. I was on sleeping pills including melatonin for over 2 years and now its been 3 weeks since i havent taken anything for sleep and sleep naturally.

Melatonin is not bad at all, just it does nothing for T, but it is good for lower BP at nights :)

9. william adams
      Wishful

william adams Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      I pop a 0.5 valium 15 minutes befor bed and sleep 6 hours minium up to 8. None in the day but do workout at the gym one hour 5 times a week..

• Creative Creative x 1