Have You Ever Experienced an Improvement After You Stopped Taking a Supplement?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bill Bauer, May 20, 2017.

1. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I didn't take Alpha Lipoic Acid (and stabilized R-Lipoic Acid) for two days, and today the sound of my T is a little less piercing. It is too early to tell whether it is a good idea for me to stop taking this stuff, but this made me wonder about what other supplements I ought to consider to stop taking. Have you ever had similar experiences?

2. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      I took all the supplements and vitamins when I got T and H the first time 6 years ago. I stopped after 3 years and then a few months later I began to cope better and felt calmer. I not sure with a good diet that vitamins will really help most unless there's a blood circulation problem.

3. MusicTeacher

MusicTeacher Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/12/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rehearsals/Meds
      This is an old thread, but I was just wondering this myself. Has anyone ever stopped all their supplements to see what happens? I’m wondering if all of this stuff is actually helping me. Making it worse?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    4. Vassili
      Dreaming

Vassili Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      When I took Betaserc 24 mg I had an increased volume of my T but when I finished the course (25 days) the sound of my T decreased in volume and became less audible than before I took it. It was my second month in with T. Of course Betaserc is not a supplement but a prescription drug but it helped me in the beginning. I think it sped up the process of healing. At the moment I am in the middle of my second course of Betaserc (5.5 months in with T).

• Like Like x 2