Have You Tried Meclizine for Tinnitus and Vertigo? I Have Tried It 3 Different Times...

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Sep 29, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. JasonP

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Here is something that is interesting and I figured I would get your feedback. I have used Meclizine 3 different times in the past 3 years, each time on the night before where I had loud T. The next day I woke up with a lot lower tinnitus. However, I had a side effect of being very drowsy. It did calm me down a bit too I guess. Don't think it is a placebo effect either. The weird thing is though, if I took it the next day, no real effect on my tinnitus. I guess in the future maybe I will see what happens if I have a flare up. Meclizine is real cheap at Costco and it is over the counter. Otherwise you have to get it in a box. It is for motion sickness. I think you can get medicine at Costco without a membership.

Anyone tried this? I don't really like taking it for the drowsy part but it did lower my T those three days which was nice.