Having a Spike, Please Help!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mario martz, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hey guys,

I don't know if you have noticed but I've been very absent from this place since my tinnitus has gotten so so soft and so easy to handle these past months.

I have been living almost like if i was tinnitus free, but just avoiding the noise and watching my diet (since salt, sugar and MSG can spike my T)

Anyways, I've been the kind of person that no longer listens to their T first thing in the morning, and it's been something I listen for in a quiet room at night.
      This has been my reality for the past 5 or 6 months.

But for some reason it spiked on Tuesday, I woke up and the t was more present.
      and of course it was a little bit of drag but didn't stop me from doing my stuff.

But today Wednesday I woke up again (after a nightmare) and the t was super high pitched, I thought it had something to do with my blood pressure (it usually goes up after a bad dream, but after the blood pressure goes down it settles) but no.. it didn't settle :banghead:

Right now well it's high pitched and very present, I don't know what's going on this is not how my T used to behave.

There might be a few factors going on...

1-I stupidly throw something and it banged on Sunday, and it was in a very empty room so it could have made some sorta damage?
      2-I went to a bar on Saturday, I wore earplugs the whole time and I was there at least 15 minutes.
      it wasn't that loud, the only problem was the bass, and that's why I was there for so little time and I decided to go.
      3-too much sodium, I have eaten a lot these past days that I might have too much sodium in my system.

On top of my T, lately I've been experiencing problems with my vision (visual snow and more), and random pain all over my body. in the past months "i also discovered" that my tinnitus is not related to acoustic trauma as i thought before, at first my doctor told me he believed I had an endolymphatic problem (hydrops/meniere)
      and with the others symptoms that have been popping....
      Lyme, Fibro, MS or others have been mentioned by my neurologist but I still have to get further studies.

It's so weird that after sleeping it changes...
      And that it's spiking everyday more?

Any thoughts? :eek:

2. racerfish
      No Mood

racerfish Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / T worsened with antiobiotics
      If I were in your shoes, I would choose #2 as the culprit (and possibly #1 though you didn't mention how loud the bang was), but each person is different. My T has become reactive to sounds, and it almost always spikes when I'm in environments where the volume is greater than 100 db for anything more than 10 or so minutes of exposure. However, the spike usually dies back down after a day or two. Generally speaking, if you think something seems too loud, it probably is.

It doesn't sound to me like anything you did though should cause any long term damage. Also, are you taking any medication at the moment that could be ototoxic?

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Yes! i dont think i should be concerned for long term damage, its just that tinnitus is behaving weird.
      im gonna try to sleep better, watch my diet and give my ears some rest

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      So you been around enviroments where the volume is around 100db? with ear plugs?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      ohh i forgot, on sunday i went to a park and a couple of bikers passed by,
      they made the loudest noise eveeeeer, but i cover my ears as fast as i can.

6. lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      @Mario martz i got spike this weekend but it went down i think.

Dude, eat straight organic. Also go and check if you are defficient in anything + go and get contrast MRI to get MS or other things checked.

As far as i know if it is not auto-immune thing or acoustic/otoxic trauma - you can be defficient and get VS as result.

I mean i do have all you have mate and after eating only organic + supplementing i have a bit progress in my VS. (I need to check my defficiency)

• Like Like x 1
    7. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Sad to hear about this Mario; I'm genuinely annoyed on your behalf. To be honest bud it could literally be anything; a million and one things. I personally think it's best to try and not analyse. It doesn't make anything better and it seems you have done all the right things, so don't beat yourself up. Tinnitus is just a strange beast.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Thank you Ed,
      Im just hoping it returns to baseline soon, to be honest its not super loud and i can get used to it.
      but its just scary that everyday is "spiking" and there is not apparent reason.
      im just trying to move along, i dont wanna waste more time paying attention to this t shit.
      but at times its just very difficult to cope, when everybody arounds me thinks im an hypo
      and doesnt take my ear noise, visual disturbance, and body pain seriously.
      even the people in my family, its just very sad sometimes it hurts to not have someone who can relates near by.

but of course has long as there is life there is hope.
      and im still able to enjoy my life and love.
      so ill keep on moving.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    9. rzhang
      Transparent

rzhang Member

I hope you can cope with this spike Mario.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    10. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Hello!! You will be fine! We always overcome this! I got a spike over the weekend and it lasted til about Tuesday! Praying for you! Have a good week!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Today im gonna start diet just to see if it makes a difference!!
      thank you so much lolkas, hope everything is good for you

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      So it happend again, i woke up in the middle of the night having a nightmare, my t was normal, got louder because of my hearbeat, then it it got some how "better" but louder of course...
      what could be happening?
      why after 6 months of getting so better, all of the sudden it gets worse after sleeping?
      could it be my sleep apnea?
      what can i do to make things better?
      i feel so hopeless

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Thank you jamie! i hope this spikes settles soon too :) <3

14. maltese
      Batty

maltese Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Club
      If You're stressed and your tinnitus is normal-loudish: most probably it's back to baseline but you're too focused on it to realise that :)

If you think you have sleeping apnea - you should talk to your doctor.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hey Maestromusica,
      well i think its a bit louder than the previous baseline.
      and for some reason it gets a bit louder after sleeping.
      it reminds me to my previous "T LEVEL" before it got better.
      have gotten used to tinnitus being something i would listen at night,
      but now its louder ...even when im outside i can listen it (just like when my tinnitus started)
      what made it so soft in the past and what is making it spike?

so many questions, so little answers, im gonna try to make changes to my health

thank you so much for you reply :)

• Like Like x 1
    16. maltese
      Batty

maltese Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Club
      So does mine. Except when it's more quiet after sleep :p

I would try to not worry about it. There is very little you can do about it, and things can go south really quickly if you let anxiety take over your life.

I did that and I don't recommend it :p

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      haha awhh thanks,
      pfff i think anxiety is taking the best of me again.
      after 6 months of pure joy and harmony lol.
      i dont wanna be back to my old "my t is loud and im scared" self.
      but you do have a point, there is so little we can do that stressing about it is pretty much useless...

• Hug Hug x 1
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      So just a little update.
      my tinnitus is a bit quiet today!
      there is a of hissing like if there was a light saber fight going on, but its not loud.

BUT! something weird just happend in my right ear, my good ear!
      i was just working in some stuff and it started to hurt.
      feels like if it was blocked or like if i had fluid there.
      then i putted my small finger to push a little gentle to see if it was blocked.
      and it hurted a lot! still i dont have any noise there.. but wtf??
      whats could be happening?
      should visit a DR or just wait to see what happens?

19. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      @Mario martz

Hey mAn

Hopr your doing ok. Just one question, when you say you hear it outside, you mean in a busy street?

20. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      sorry to hear about this man...have nothing to offer to help but it seems your doing all the right things. Try to stay calm and just continue to ride this out...definitely see a doctor regarding the pain you are noticing...that is not a normal symptom of tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1