Having a Tough Time — Tinnitus Seems to Have Ramped Up in Volume

Discussion in 'Support' started by Honky, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Honky

Honky Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Truck air horn
      My tinnitus seems to be getting worse. It seems to be more pervasive. If I talk about it with others nobody has much to say except 'isnt't there something you can do about it? Why don't you go see a good doctor?'

I don't know how to deal with the ringing. It used to be low level. Now it seems to have ramped up in volume. I am a musician but it seems I am unable to play electric guitar anymore. Every time I try to do that it makes the tinnitus worse, and that is with using ear plugs.

If anyone has any advice for dealing with acoustic trauma like mine (singular event) please chime in or offer any tactics you have in dealing with this. I know there is a lot of info on this site, but I guess I am wondering about tactics specifically with regard to acoustic trauma which seems to be a more damaging type of tinnitus.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Honky

Honky Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Truck air horn
      Gee, I'm sorry you're having a tough time.

Have you tried cognitive behavioral therapy where you tell yourself it's non-threatening and to not be anxious or resist?

It's like this. If you can't shut it up then shout along with it. But just not above 85 decibels...