Having a Very Hard Time Today — Tinnitus Spike Due to Overwork/Exhaustion

Discussion in 'Support' started by object16, Apr 19, 2016.

1. object16
      Magical

object16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      overuse of hearing protection, plus noise
      As everyone knows, my tinnitus was very bad three years ago, after some dental crown work spiked my tinnitus, and I had many more spikes after that. Finally things were settling down for me, but 2 weeks ago, I stayed up late, and got myself over tired. at the end of the weekend, I was quite exhausted from not enough sleep, and last weekend, I also pushed myself, because I wanted to get a gardening project completed, and it was taking forever. So, today, I am having a very hard time coping, the tinnitus is super loud, and it is always very very difficult for me to sleep, I use all sorts of strategy, such as CD of Restful Rain, and Dhali Lama soundtrack of very peaceful whatever the Dhali does, for meditation (chanting with some monk doing the backdrop).

So I am completely discouraged now, because there was no noise exposure, although it did involve using power tools, my helper did all of that, and for myself, I always use a Bose QC over the ear noise cancelling, to prevent any accidental noise that can happen when you're building stuff with wood and metal.

we didn't eat very much on the weekend, but now i'm trying to get some proper nutrition and vitamins, but the tinnitus is just ridiculously loud.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Aussie Lea
      Dramaqueen

Aussie Lea Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      This is only temporary. You've exhausted yourself and then tinnitus appears louder. Try to sleep, take a sleeping drug if needed and wait a few days to gain your strength back!

3. Aussie Lea
      Dramaqueen

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
    4. Buckaroo
      Curious

Buckaroo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 10, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Mine is very loud today too. More than usual but I am very tired and I ate junk last night so I am thinking the crap I put into my body can spike my T but its never been ALL day. Usually its the loudest first thing in the morning and then calms down during the day then small spike in late evening. Today has been horrible! I am sorry you are dealing with this spike. Please let us know if its better today and what you did or didn't do differently.

Hope all is well

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      object16
      Magical

object16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      overuse of hearing protection, plus noise
      Hi, thanks for the support, today was slightly better than yesterday. I did take an extra sedative last night, and also made sure I had a proper dinner, of sprouted chick peas, which are very high in anti-oxidant properties. I believe that inadequate rest and too much work, do not agree with my tinnitus, so I took extra vitamins, had proper food, including a proper breakfast today, of a large tin of sardines.

yesterday evening at this time, my tinnitus was just screaming loud, which is why I started a new thread. I just told myself that tinnitus can get pretty bad, but just bear with it, do general things, like proper food, proper rest, and ask my tinnitus talk friends to please give me some sympathy, and just be patient with this thing. I do read here about people going out to clubs and all, and no problem, but I also read here about how other people cannot handle a Harley Davidson roaring by, or even clapping at a performance. I am one of those people that cannot handle anything like a Harley, or a truck backfire, or just someone slapping a mosquito. my tinnitus was assessed at a teaching centre, and the ENT doctor said that he believes I have an extremely overactive type of recruitment going on.

anyway, i'm going to really look after myself. I have completed the project, which was very ambitious, and someone in the city I live in, let me have one of the volunteers that helps with the gardening community in general. This person is a veteran from Afghanistan and works like a horse. I'm just not used to that kind of pace.

the person I work with (at my day job), although he does not have tinnitus, is very very sympathetic, and told me to please do not overwork yourself. He knows what I look like when things are good, and when they are not good, and last several days I was looking quite bad. Today he said I look definitely improved, and he told me to make sure to get proper rest.

thank you so much for the very friendly replies to my thread.

6. Aussie Lea
      Dramaqueen

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      You seem very intelligent, you also know what steps to take to make yourself better.

Good healthy diet & some exercise & enough rest & avoiding exhaustion from work go a long way!

It's good you are also aware of your hearing sensitivity and can deal with it.

Much hugs!