Health Risks to Avoid/Prevent

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Dij111, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Dij111
      Paranoid

Dij111 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure(Fire Alarm, Headphone Usage)
      Are there any other health risks we can learn to avoid/prevent that don't have enough awareness?

I'm sure many people like myself here were not aware of horrible conditions like tinnitus before exposing their ears to danger.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dij111
      Paranoid

Dij111 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure(Fire Alarm, Headphone Usage)
      I'll start with one which is eye strain, we stare at our computer monitors for long sessions and without breaks we are prone to eye damage.

There is something called a '20-20-20 rule' - which means 'Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds.'

There is a good reminder software for this called EyeLeo, it will pop a reminder to move your eyes to whichever time you want to set it to.

There is also a software called f.lux - which uses warmer colors on your monitor during evening/night time to reduce eye strain and promote better sleep.

• Like Like x 3
    3. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      Back pain and chronic pain.
      Practice safe lifting habits.
      Don't be superman/woman if you don't regularly exercise.

Drive safely. Leave early so you do not rush. Be aware at 100% of the time. Avoid risk taking behavior.

Carpal tunnel syndrome. You won't think you'll get it until you do. Take the recommended hourly breaks. Invest in ergonomic computer wear.

Avoid medically unnecessary surgeries. Not worth the complication risk.

Diet: Become aware of what you consume and how much.

• Like Like x 4
    4. quietatnight
      Frustrated

quietatnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma / firecracker
      @Red

I came across this post, may I ask what type on chronic pain do you have ? I think I have pudendal nerve entrapment. I was just wondering what your suffering from ?

Please let me know

And of course, I wish you the best

Louie
      Quietatnight

5. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      Atypical facial pain. Basically a bullshit diagnosis doctors give when they don't know what is wrong with you.

6. quietatnight
      Frustrated

quietatnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Red

Yeah, I know all about the "default" opinion. 4 years, an 25 doctors, and countless tests later, and I still don't have a 100 % definitive diagnoses yet of what is going on with me. And I probably never will. This is why they call it " a practice " doctors are just guessing practicing on us.

Thank You for getting back to me,,,

I wish you luck with your health challenge

Louie
      Quietatnight

7. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The Russian word for a doctor (врач/vrach) literally means "the person who lies." @IvanRus

8. quietatnight
      Frustrated

quietatnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wow Bill I never knew that, sounds about right to me.

Thank You for the interesting information

I'm still at war with my pudendal nerve problem, in a lot of pain I'm going to Tennessee in a couple of weeks for a amniotic allograft injection ( a stem cell type of therapy ) I don't have any other choice it's the best option for me. It's not going to be easy, i'm going to have to fly down there but I will only have to be there one day. It's an out patient procedure, it's supposed to have a high level of success. Below is some info about it if your interested. The good news is that the procedure could help repair my inner ear at the same time, and lower or cure my tinnitus. The place is not where i'm going but a place just like it, that see men. One below is only for woman. It was very hard for me to find a clinic that does this procedure that would take me.

Anyway I just thought you might find it interesting. It's not cheep about $ 3500.00 per proceedure. But I have insurance and the place says thy will avicate and work with my insurance company to get them to cover it. I would only have to pay the air fair back and forth.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I have not been on here for awhile, been very busy working on getting my appointment set up.

I hope that your doing well.

http://karonmd.com/services/amniotic-fluid-injection-for-chronic-pelvic-pain/

Amniotic Fluid Injection for Chronic Pelvic Pain
      The amazing ability of amniotic fluid and membrane to repair and heal the human body has been well documented for 100 years and is playing an important role in the exciting and rapidly growing field of regenerative medicine. Tissue regeneration is helped by the mix of cells, electrolytes, growth factors, carbohydrates, lipids, amino acids, enzymes and hormones present in the amniotic fluid. These components work together at the site of injury so new cells can form, and the injured tissue can be repaired, remodeled and rebuilt back to it’s normal state. The risk of a graft host reaction is negligible and none have ever been reported.
      The amniotic fluid and membrane are collected from several facilities around the country from women between 18 and 35 years old, that are healthy and have no prior use of medication or other chemical substances, who are scheduled for a Caesarian delivery. All tissues are collected aseptically by the laboratory team and the tissues are tested to ensure viability and safety.
      Dr. Karon is one of the first physicians in the country who has used and experienced the healing power of amniotic fluid for the treatment of pelvic pain and is excited to offer this revolutionary new treatment to patients suffering from debilitating pudendal neuralgia. This treatment has been used on only 130 patients to date but most them (67%) have experienced complete to near complete resolution of their pain and 90% have experienced complete to moderate pain relief. This study opens a new therapeutic option that is effective in the majority of qualifying chronic pelvic pain patients.

• Informative Informative x 1
    9. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The word means "a doctor" and most Russians have never realized what the literal meaning is (but will see it as soon as it is pointed out to them).

Good luck!!! I hope the procedure will end up being a success! And please let us know about your progress afterwards.

10. AZeurotuner

AZeurotuner Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Completely off topic but wow... You look strikingly similar to Henry Winkler, like a younger version of him. Sure you get that all the time though...

• Like Like x 1
    11. Chris Holland
      Movie buff

Chris Holland Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Life
      Yeah he really does, that's awesome :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. quietatnight
      Frustrated

quietatnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @AZeurotuner

Yes I do, and more so when I was younger when I was wearing my black leather jacket, I was chased through a shopping center once by a bunch of screaming teenage girls, all the way out to my car in the parking lot, It was crazy LOL That was a long time ago, I can laugh about it now, but not back then...

Some people say that I kook like Jackson Brown also...

26168604_10156170214338846_4249053638953135758_n.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    13. AZeurotuner

AZeurotuner Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      That's wild man! Bet you were fighting off the ladies like crazy back then... The fonz isn't a bad person to resemble haha.

14. Ento
      Wishful

Ento Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma? Stress? Both?
      Back to topic:

Take care of your lungs. They have the largest surface area of your body. Don't breathe in quartz dust, road pollution, tobacco or weed smoke, gasoline vapours, thinners, metal dust from grinding. Gasoline and thinners are cancerogens. Road dust, if it is fine enough, will enter your blood stream. If it's coarse it could stay in your lungs forever. Fine asphalt dust, some brake and clutch plate dust and diesel particles are cancerogens. NOX exhausts from combustion engines are poisonous. Beware of asbesthos, it is still common in older insulation, like old boiler rooms, 'Eternit' roofing and wall plates. Beware of radon, the invisible and odorless radioactive gas. Very common in some areas of the world, like here in Scandinavia. It collects in cellars of older houses. Ventilate well if you wash your bathroom with chlorine.

Be careful with your skin. It is porous, and will let fluid through. Never spill gasoline on your hands, it is highly cancerogenic. Use gloves when handling chemicals, even common household ones, like glue, paint and cleaning agents. Never eat with dirty hands.

• Useful Useful x 1
    15. MorphineDream

MorphineDream Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      STOP SITTING!

Seriously. Take walking breaks or try to work standing if possible because hemmorhoids SUCK!
      Give your booty some time to rest or you'll be shoving these goddamn things in yer arse like I am now :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Funny Funny x 2
    16. Ento
      Wishful

Ento Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma? Stress? Both?
      Take care of your teeth as well. In the Victorian era decaying teeth was a major health risk. I read somewhere that at was considered the #3 cause of death in that period. Dental infections can go unnoticed and can spread to other parts of the body. Dental work could also cause or worsen Tinnitus, so be careful.