Health Tools to Recover Faster from Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by joseph Ghass, Jun 29, 2016.

1. joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Hi guys,

It is me Joseph "The Ketogenic guy". I had severe Tinnitus last year and now I am feeling great after I defeat it.

Currently I am under these health tools to optimize my health, I am sure these will help you to recover faster from T as the ONLY cure for T is time.

1. Eliminate Stimilus
        1. No Caffeine
        2. No Sodium
        3. No chewing gum
        4. Limit sex / masturbation (optional)
      2. Lower Inflammation, Lower BP ( if you have high BP), Low Body Fat Percentage(12% Body Fat for optimal health)
        1. Intermittent Fasting Low Carbs/Ketogenic anti-inflammatory Diet
      3. Improve Blood flow and blood Nutrients
        1. Training
        2. Micro nutriments (Supplements)
        3. Light Exposure (Vitamin D3)
      4. Repair Mode
        1. Fasting
        2. Deep Sleep
      5. Balance Brain Chemicals / Hormones Balance
        1. Meditation
        2. Ketogenic Diet
        3. Goal Settings
        4. Cold Shower
        5. Heat Shock (Sauna)
        6. Deep Breathing
        7. Stress Management
      Now each of these tools can be expanded so if you have any questions regarding anything let me know and I will be happy to give you all the details.

• Like Like x 8
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. Zora
      Depressed

Zora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1st time: Megaphone ;2nd time: headphones too loud
      Ok. So I am 6 months in. Most people say that after a certain time T manifests in the brain.what do you say to that? So does it matter when I would start this? Or in general if one starts at 1 year mark ?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @joseph Ghass . Hi you're certainly been experimenting with this system. On a scale of 1/10 how are you feeling and the volume of your tinnitus.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      I started with a severe T in both ears and head (10/10). Now it is 2-3/10 and it doesn't bother me anymore. it is down to small hissing. In my previous thread I predicted 25 months to fully recover and now I am on my 17 months.

I had jet fighters in both ears 17 months ago!

Look, the only thing you can do is to improve your health so your body and brain can recover from anything quickly.

It was tough, I had to spend hours researching while my ears were screaming. But I always knew it is a matter of time because if it wasn't everyone with Severe T would had committed suicide or in hospital.

These tools are based on clinical research so there is data to back everything.

• Like Like x 5
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. Marlino
      Cowboy

Marlino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi Joseph,

I tried Keto Diet for 3 weeks and have to say its really a difficult one, limiting the availability of food tremendously.
      Right now I've quit it. The results are difficult to interpret. There might have been a benefit, but it was not a big one and if there was, it was fading in and out slowly. But I currently thinking about giving it a second shot.

Say, did you really manage to keep Keto for 17 month? How much do you think is is responsible for your recovery?

6. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      some people will have success with such methods; some people will recover to some extent without doing any of this stuff (though if they are doing drastic dietary things, they may attribute their recovery thusly); some people can do all of this stuff and more and still have severe intrusive tinnitus.

there's no one answer; tinnitus is just a subjective symptom which may arise from a huge variety of different causes. If your tinnitus onset was more or less "random", as opposed to noise trauma, then it seems more likely to me that lifestyle interventions of one kind or another may help. On the other hand, if you just abused/broke part of your auditory system with a gunshot or concert, I'm not convinced that any such interventions are useful.

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      You can start gradually implementing these tools. For instance, You can start with intermittent fasting where you fast up to 20hours daily, then you start lowering your carbs intake and start including healthy fats and protein, and so on.

Dont get stuck in details, you cant control your T.

Concentrate on what you can control, your overall health.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      yes, it is a bit hard at first but you get adapted to burn fat, magic will happen.

if you find some nutritionist that is knowledgeable in keto diet that would be great.

the reason why you feel tired at first because of water loss and electrolytes. I would recommed supplementing with magnesium, potassium and sodium.

additionally, you need to get the fat, protein, carbs ratio right. It is a high fat, moderate protein and low carbs diet.

in the paste 12 months I was in and out of ketosis but most of the time I was on low carbs diet. I beleive lowering mybody inflammation and giving my body the time to repair itself with fasting helped alot

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Probably, but logically if you improve your overall health arent you giving your body greater opportunity to heal itself?

You have nothing to lose.

• Agree Agree x 2
    10. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      what suggestions do you have w/r/t "deep sleep"?

11. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      That's a tough one! However, any of these can help, depending on your specific needs, etc.:

dark room

soft masking or not ( i recently switched to a silent room again, and the results have been good, mostly! it IS summer so i do keep the window open and have some natural ambient sound)

i drink water before bed. i know some have trouble getting up in the night due to this, but personally, i never used to hydrate enough. i find i don't really have to get up for the bathroom till around dawn, and then can usually fall back asleep. and that the water/hydration is important for the body's use during sleep, which is repair and renewal time for the body.

getting away from all computers/electronic devices at least an hour (possibly even more) before sleep.

getting the worries out of the way. even making a to-d0 list for the next day helps to clear that stuff out of my mind.

having a gentle reminder for calmness, should i awake in the night. i try to make it some statement/concept about how losing sleep to worry has never solved anything i've worried about. and that my morning energy will be sufficient to handle whatever intrusive thoughts are threatening to wake me too early. etc. (this takes practice, but i've gotten better at it over time and it works! trust your higher self on this!)

do or don't eat right before bed, depending on what works for you. i sleep better with a small bit in my stomach, or at least that glass of water ...

finally, there are just those times that sleep eludes. due to tinnitus or just due to life. if i recognize that it's one of those times, i will now just get up, have a small meal, read, etc. and then lay back down. it's better than laying there miserable and it gives better peace.

• Creative Creative x 1
    12. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      You are true hero Joseph, you rescued your own health,
      and had a very positive income, im gonna try do the same.
      i need better sleep and diet.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Intermittent fasting, period. I had better, deep sleep when I started it. Give it a try, fast for 20 hours a day. Give it 2 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Thanks man!

15. Zorro!
      Wtf

Zorro! Member

I love Intermittent Fasting but I find it hard to sleep on an empty stomach. Right now I'll eat dinner and then fast for 20 hours, that way I sleep well. I've never been a breakfast person so this method works really well for me.

• Like Like x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      I Stop eating 8 pm and don't eat until 4 pm the next day. First it is going to be hard but give it a week.

• Like Like x 2
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Good news folks, just had a chat with Dominic d'agostino, he is the top researcher in Ketogenic diet. (google him to see who he is).

I asked him if Ketosis helps Tinnitus.

He said: Controlling Blood sugar will help Tinnitus, so going in a ketogenic diet could be beneficial.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    18. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      If your T is caused by high bp or some immune problems this diet will be the cure for your T case. But my tinnitus was caused by glutamate storm. The damage is done. How this diet would be beneficial for my case? I wish it was something I could get benefit from it.

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      The ketogenic diet balance neurotransmitters in the brain and favor the production of GABA.

Invest in the diet, it is worth it. Do something instead of hoping some magic cure will appear.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    20. Marlino
      Cowboy

Marlino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      You are the real deal men!

21. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      I want to lose weight for my trip to Amsterdam in less than 3 weeks. I think I will give a start to this diet tomorrow :)

22. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      @joseph Ghass
      Is there any detailed ketogenic diet list you are especially following? There are tons of it on the internet.

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      • Like Like x 1
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      I am starting long fasting protocol Which I called it Progressive Fasting :

i. Week#1 24h Fast

ii. Week#2 36h Fast

iii. Week#4 48h Fast

iv. Week#6 60h Fast

v. Week#8 72h Fast

25. i.m
      Anime

i.m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      For me: Aspartame Poisoning. For Ent: L: TMJD / R: Dunno
      This is an embarrassing question :oops: Why sex / masturbation are harmful for tinnitus ?

26. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.

After a 72h fast, sex will be the last thing on your mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
    27. i.m
      Anime

i.m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      For me: Aspartame Poisoning. For Ent: L: TMJD / R: Dunno
      Well this doesn't explain why sex is bad for T :confused:

28. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Really? That's a shock.
      Well I highly doubt you'll find a double blinded placebo study on starving people having sex and then measuring their tinnitus...
      So even if someone would provide an educated guess at what's happening (increased blood flow to the brain?), I believe you should take @joseph Ghass 's opinion at face value, for what its worth.
      Since I bothered, I might as well chip in something of use.

• Funny Funny x 2
    29. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      @joseph Ghass - I read through your other thread where you estimated a 3-5% decrease in symptoms month over month. At this point, you'd be roughly 75% of the way there - is this the case?

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      True. I would had minimized or even eliminated T in a much shorter time but I didn't had the tools back then. I had to do the research by myself which took around 6 months.

The best thing to do to recover faster is to control your blood sugar.

You can do that by Fasting, low carbs diet, lower stress.