Hearing Health Foundation

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bart, Jun 25, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Bart
      Balanced

Bart Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/06/2014
      I would like to bring this to your attention again:

"We understand you frustration, patients expect more from their drs in relation to treatment but they just dont get it. We would like to leave you with this note,DONATE TO THE HEARING HEALTH FOUNDATION, with the amount of people that have this if even half of sufferers donated a coffee each month we would have already human trials under way. ENT's do not care about your suffering, if a cure arrives it will not be because of them but in spite of them. They take your money and offer you NOTHING, whilst selfless researchers on a normal working salary with no greedy ambitions work tirelessly in labs all over America and have to beg the government for funding. Can you imagine a researcher reading about a tinnitus sufferer, reading that you gave an audiologist 300 dollars, a GP 80 dollars and an ENT ANOTHER 300 only to undergo an MRI for 1,000 dollars and you still have ringing in your ears!!! Meanwhile the government cuts their funding to save dollars on tax deficits!! They must think we are fools. Get smart with tinnitus, HHF and Stanford are serious about eliminating the disease, your Doctor is NOT. https://hearinghealthfoundation.org/donate"

"Look at this, when this was released the whole industry was stunned, most still refuse to believe its even real. Some labs are far, FAR ahead of the others." https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypRsfCr5rIQd2ItbHFzYmM2cXM/view?usp=sharing

From sixesfullofnines on Youtube.

2. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      Nice paper but it uses embroynic stem cells :(. We've known about them for decades but still nothing has come out of it in terms of readily available treatments. It doesn't seem like a major focus (probably for other reasons than its potency).

3. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      Are these the guys who've been promoting in hair cell regeneration and claimed the cure for hearing loss was less than a decade away?

4. Bart
      Balanced

Bart Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/06/2014
      Yes Matt, they claim that regenerating haircells is possible within a decade.

However, even if that claim proves to be true I doubt that this alone will be enough to abolish tinnitus, but at least we can remain hopefull.

5. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      Do you mind posting this article about hair cell regeneration? The one you posted only mentions spiral ganglion neurons, which doesn't get as much attention as hair cells. IMO they are probably as important, if not more in regards to tinnitus as many people with normal hair cell function still have tinnitus.

6. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      Well I'm hopeful. But yeah I doubt it would get completely rid of T. I say that because T is one of those symptoms that has multiple causes. But I do think regenerating hair cells would eliminate certain types including mine.

7. Bart
      Balanced

Bart Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/06/2014
      Here is abit more :

THE PATH TO A CURE FOR HEARING LOSS AND...

8. jeff W

jeff W Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
    9. jeff W

jeff W Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      A more recent paper on cellular repair,
      https://mega.co.nz/#!l9dRjCQS!FoA3bG2VOKqEKHB5ax-aRRMnejNPTipPZScprI4Rhq4

Btw cellular repair will CURE tinnitus caused by hearing damage, absolutely it will, what will happen is the subject will recover the lost tones and it will re-establish a tonal map (new or on existing) within the central system, it would take as long to recover as it did to attain, slowly the central auditory system will rewire into the ear, and one morning you will have the hearing of a teenager. The risk is tumours and sporadic cell growth (that's why we use animals). One more Jesse Gelsinger and the whole cell research arm could come tumbling down, you will have stem cell bashers on FOX news etc telling is deafness/suffering is gods will etc. Cellular repair is essentially fighting fire with fire, it is a perfectly proportionate response to mechanical trauma, and long overdue. We will cheat irreversible cell damage by tricking it into recovery.

Whether its notch, Math1 etc

Reconstructing the Inner Ear, the Math Way

http://hearinghealthfoundation.org/lib/sitefiles/pdf/Maass_et_al_Notch_2015.pdf
      gene therapy,
      Worlds First Gene Therapy Trial To Cure...

ES cells,
      Rivolta (and some other jap labs)

Raisman's OEC model,
      Wheelchair to walking: The power of hope |...

Skip to 16:55
      Paper
      https://www.stgeorges.nhs.uk/wp-con...-connections-in-a-patient-with-transected.pdf

it will happen. Don't be fooled by all these tablets therapies,
      CELLULAR REPAIR OR NO CURE

This is the hhf team,
      A Cure for Hearing Loss and Tinnitus Is...

these guys put down their capitalist model competitive formula (ie competition and ambitions to work for pharma to drive a Ferrari) to accelerate therapy arrival in the clinic; you wont see this in cancer research let me tell you. Their sharing technique will massively shorten the wait. Whilst the fat pharma are tying to feed us pills like ducks!

I hear over and over again, "I would do anything for silence again". Well; would you donate a coffee each week to the hearing health foundation or action on hearing loss? How about 0.5 percent of what you gave your ENT? No? Then expect it to continue. People are thinking with their emotions instead of their head, otherwise the HHF wouldnt be so underfunded.

Spread the bet across table guys, divide our resources into smaller amounts and bet across the entire research arm, one of them will come up good, its our job to make sure these are funded well, because society doesn't care about tinnitus lets be serious here now. Those cancer posters you see around the place tug on emotions to guilt trip people into donating money, as most people respond to that guilt trip, I don't see a cancer lab promising anything within ten years? Also I saw a very worrying post recently about hearing aid companies,

iVgbuC1.jpg

Have you ever noticed that the hearing websites and magazines are covered with hearing aid adverts, literally plastered with them. Is it in our best interest as sufferers to accept cochlear implants and hearing aids for the time being or are we jeopardizing the next generation of sufferers to our fate by not pursuing honest research more aggressively? Is the technology within our grasp and being kept at bay for industrial reasons? What could we (as the patient body) perform/do to send a clear message deep into the research arm about what it is we expect from them? Does our silence/non direct involvement translate to them as "work away guys, you are doing just fine" Is this the message we are sending? Do we want hearing aid companies funding these labs? Is that not like putting the oil industry in charge of researching clean energy?

So lets get rid of these dickhead BMW ENT's and fund proper work. Its only a coffee, it could end up being like buying yourself a drink for the future.

Excuse my aggressive response but incompetence is difficult for me to tolerate

Cox has the message right here guys.

10. jeff W

jeff W Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/don-c-reed/hearing-loss-vs-the-calif_b_7849342.html

11. RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of hearing and then stress and anxiety
      Agreed we need to see more in the way of donations to the hhf, Stanford cure for hearling loss. Under the research section we have 2 threads where we try to post the latest articles on this if you guys want to follow along.
      I think now that some of the big phara companies are on board we will see some progress. 3k for a pair of hearing aides is nothing compared to 75k for a gene therapy solution to bring back your hearing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. jeff W

jeff W Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
    13. T is so weird and varied with all kinds of different sounds that I would be shocked beyond belief if humans can ever just take a pill or get a shot (or whatever) and have it be cured. It would be amazing and I hope that happens eventually but it just strikes me as incredibly unlikely. Then again, someone may be reading this in 2054 right after taking the pill that cures T. If so, cheers! Hope I'm still alive to be cured too! :)

14. jeff W

jeff W Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      2023 Is my bet. I'll be traffic somewhere, I shall turn on the radio and it will be international news.