Hearing Loss and Noise-Induced Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by shantelle, Jun 3, 2015.

1. shantelle

shantelle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      I'm curious about noise induced tinnitus and audiology reports. My audiologist says that if there is hearing loss that most likely the tinnitus will be permanent...

Well I do have hearing loss around the 4000 Hz mark but it's still within normal limits... My chart looks like a straight line with a cookie bite out of it. I passed the nerve hair cell test at 98%.

Just wondering what others peoples hearing test showed and how that rates to their tinnitus. Some of the success stories of people's tinnitus gone... I wonder if they had hearing loss.

Since mine is within normal limits but it's still a dip does that mean one would have mild tinnitus? Opposed to significant loss? Curious and interested!

2. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      Audiogram is a 0 db for all frequencies tested ( 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 4000, 8000, 10000, 12000) hz then 10 db loss at 13000-15000 hz and then 30 db loss at 16000 hz. I have T (both ears, different sounds in both) and H only on the left side. I also have lots of sound distortions especially with male voices.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      shantelle

shantelle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      Interesting! So i wonder if loss at different frequencies mean the different tinnitus tones. So yours isnt within normal limits but close?! I guess that normal limit scale also depends on age as well. As much as i hate this t im actually getting quiet interested in it.

My audiologist has a dip around 4000hz..she has tinnitus but hers is intermittent and just spikes once a week to the point her eyes water..also noise induced...well i will take hers any day! She didnt really say that her t was ever continuous

4. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      I am very well into normal limits as far as clinical audiometry goes. I don't think there are ''normal'' limits in high frequency testing. Regardless, one should strive to keep their hearing thresholds as low as possible.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      shantelle

shantelle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      Sorry not sure what that means to keep your hearing threshold low...like dont expose yourself to anymore loudness?

So any hearing loss...within normal or not you will have permanent tinnitus?! Thats my understanding. Those success stories and they wont come back to tell us if they had hearing loss..

6. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      Pretty much that.

No way to tell really.

7. Quentino
      Tired

Quentino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Decrease of Hearing i presume.
      My hearing test is between -10 and -20 for each ears ( the left better than the right, my T is in my right ear).

If T correspond to lost frequencies! Hard to say. My T is about the same volume after 1 year ( i'm really happy about that) but slightly change his tone sometimes so i think it's wrong.