Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by DBS, Jul 22, 2015.

1. DBS

DBS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I was told today that the tinnitus I have is linked to the slight hearing loss in one ear. Has anyone experienced this and have had a decrease in the tinnitus symptoms?

2. BrStan@

BrStan@ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma

Yes it will get better. You going to have your life back just like before T. And this is where you have to be very careful this is where we all fall in the trap. We have our life back and we forget about T. So what we do is living a life like before T- theaters, cinema, clubbing, mp3 players we do everything like before but we forget about the trauma we already have in our ears. And we do more damage. And some day the T come back louder then have to habituate again but second time is taking more time to habituate because the T is worse. Then we sorry fell guilty but is too late.
      I have T since 1999 with hearing loss. It got better and went on with my life never bother me. I did not have any information at the time no one told me to look after my ears. And now i am having it again only this time is very bad.
      And it seems like the habituation is not close at all for me.

My answer to you question is: Yes it will get better.
      And my advise is: Look after you ears more than every other part of your body as you have already a trauma. Avoid loud noise.
      Forget about the noisy places if it to loud earplugs will not help you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DBS

DBS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you, I don't listen to loud music, don't go to concerts, bars, I don't use ear plugs with mp3 players, etc. my mom said she has some hearing loss in her left ear, and had tinnitus years and years ago for a few months and it went away. But this is going on 6 months now. I'm going to an upper cervical chriopractor and trying accupuncture, maybe those will help, for sure it'll help relax me. I will take care though to pay more attention to my ears as you suggest. I hope yours gets better! Have you tried an upper cervical chriopractor? It might help.

4. daniel zontek

daniel zontek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hello, sorry you have some T, not sure if yours is linked to your loss or not. For me, mine is linked to a high frequency hearing loss and noise exposure. There are a lot of causes for T, could also be a combination of them also. My T has gotten worse with age and there are things that cause the intensity to rise, via stressful situations, noise exposure, caffeine in higher doses, like our college days cramming for a final. Whether your T will worsen or not I thunk deals with the cause. Do some research, talk to professionals, get a handle on it and you'll be ok no matter what happens. Consider this an opportunity for a solution, you can do it, we are here for you. Take care, Daniel

• Like Like x 1
    5. bellz456

bellz456 Member

There is no effective treatment method for tinnitus. but we can dilute its adverse effect by reducing the caffeine and salt intake and avoiding loud music, smoking, etc. Regular ear cleaning exercises and examination will help be effective. I am having cleaning exercises twice a week from westside audiology, an audiology clinic in Calgary. In my case, the tinnitus stops when listening to music.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DBS

DBS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks everyone! I haven't figured out yet the cause. I don't listen to loud music, I drink tea, not coffee, but I am decreasing the ice tea, I've never smoked, i don't go to loud places, I don't like being in large crowds so avoid things like concerts, have only been to a few in my entire life. I am going through menopause so I think it might be related to all those changes and the meds I am on so I've been working on trying to figure if it's related to one of them. So far no luck. I am trying acupuncture, I get a little relief with that, and trying upper cervical chiropractor care. While that has helped other symptoms it hasn't yet decreased the tinnitus, except it is like the acupuncture, I do get some relief. I appreciate everyone's input!

7. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Menopause can cause all kinds of weird and freaky things that people often don't even relate to the menopause. It can be pretty sucky for some!

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DBS

DBS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Very true! I don't have as bad hot flashes as some, the moods were really hard to deal with and the inability to,focus was really affecting my work. It's all much better now that I am hormone therapy, but my hair is thinning which I HATE. I'm hopefull that once I am at the end of menopause and get some extrogen maybe that will help the tinnitus because it came on about the same time as that change.