Hearing Recovered, Tinnitus Went Away

Discussion in 'Support' started by Boy Helios, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Tinnitus is curable. I am totally convinced.

I suffered from sudden hearing loss 2-3 months back with very loud and high pitched ear ringing.

Did the steroid regimen, gingko, vincopetene, hyperbaric in the initial 2-3 weeks.

the tinnitus lingered for awhile, but went away as my hearing recovered.

the tinnitus is basically 95%-99% gone.

Doctors are full of crap when they say hearing loss/tinnitus is irreversible.

Keep up hope and maintain DISCIPLINE.

• Like Like x 5
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      A lovely positive post @Boy Helios...lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      one thing that really helped me was getting off the tinnitus messageboards. reinforces negativity + gives you the idea that it cannot be healed.

I was convinced it was curable once I felt my hearing loss recovering.

4. Zora
      Depressed

Zora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1st time: Megaphone ;2nd time: headphones too loud
      Thats great, I believe vinpocetine and hyperbaric did it for you. i am thinking about ordering vinpocetine, but I am already 4 months in, so I doubt that it will have an effect

5. Sara_Bond
      Cool

Sara_Bond Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      @Boy Helios

Congratulations. You should be relieved now. I envy you (in a good way :))

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      yes. I believe the hyperbaric was crucial to getting full recovery.

the downside with hyperbaric is that it can cause other ear problems. I suffered from barotrauma and stopped after about 8 sessions, but I do believe it helped me to fully recover.

I had vinpocetine through IV and later in pill form. be careful with US made supplements, most don't contain real vincopetene. I got pharma grade stuff which is monitored.

7. Sara_Bond
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      @Boy Helios

I should add: only one ENT told me that it could go away even it's chronic.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      yes. the tinnitus didn't bother me as much as the hearing loss to be honest.

but now I sympathize with anyone with T because I know how annoying it is when you're trying to sleep with crazy ringing in the ear.

at one point both my ears were ringing full blast after I suffered barotrauma from hyperbaric therapy.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      in Asia they believe it can go away if caught within 2-3 months of onset.

they really believe in Gingko for T treatment.

I think one reason why people crap on Gingko for T in the US is because supplements are not regulated. it was found that most of the major GINGKO supplements contained no GINGKO at all, but rather just asparagus and rice powder.

i got medical grade Gingko that is made in germany. It's called Dr. Willmar Schwabe Ginaton.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      This is great news!!!
      so happy for you :)

11. Sara_Bond
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      @Boy Helios

So for me it's already too late, I am in my 5th month... :(

Do you really think that going off the T messagrieboard has a real effect on negativity?

• Creative Creative x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Thank you.

Thought i would post a bit about the progress made since leaving the forum for awhile.

to be honest, I just forgot about the T even if it was there and it gradually just faded away more and more.

13. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Your hear loss was sudden with no apparent reason?
      i dont know if i have hear loss, but i could try hyperbaric.... but i have 2 months with T.. so i dont know if i should try it

14. i.m
      Anime

i.m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      For me: Aspartame Poisoning. For Ent: L: TMJD / R: Dunno
      So for you Ginko helped a lot. Since my T could be related to TMJ ( I am wearing a neuromuscolar splint on night ), should I take Ginko as well?

By the way, I have T ( without any hearing loss or other symptoms ) from this February too. Is too late for hyperbaric therapy?

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      yes.

Initially I was so freaked out I was researching everything and it was just stressing me out more and more.

studies said that the chance of full recovery from sudden hearing loss was only around 30% so that low probability stressed me out. Also nearly every article on the net stated that tinnitus is incurable. I had continuous T for about 2 months straight and it went away after about 2.5 months. even if I plug my ears I can't hear anything for the most part. if I try to hear the T, I can hear a faint faint tone.

so anyways, getting off the boards helped a lot because there aren't that many success stories on the net.

I think the reason is people who do get cured are so happy they don't bother coming back to post on the boards.

but people who have an ongoing problem tend to hang out on the boards.

I also think T is partly psychological. if I force myself to, I can still hear T. like if I concentrate hard and force it to come out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      I would do it. I did group hyperbaric and saw a lot of other people who had their T greatly reduced with Hyperbaric. But I must warn you, if you don't do proper equalization it can mess up your ears. I had to stop treatment because I got barotrauma aka airplane ear that wouldn't' go away for weeks. Finally I went on an airplane ride and as it descended the ear popped and I went back to normal. Very scary.

but when I was doing Hyperbaric I got great results just after 2-3 treatments. Vastly reduced ringing. You can dig up my older posts to see what i did.

• Like Like x 1
    17. jdjd09

jdjd09 Member

Welp, not to take over your thread, but this makes me completely suicidal. You got the correct treatment and I didn't. Contrary to what many may say, I would probably be in the same place you are with proper treatment...this life isn't worth it anymore...luck of the draw in life. I got the shitty doctors.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      yes. It doesn't hurt to take it.

i know for a fact that airplane ear can cause T, so T isn't just caused by hearing loss.

when I got airplane ear from hyperbaric, I had raging T in both ears.. but as my ears unplugged the T went away.

as I said before, get pharma grade Gingko. don't walk into walgreens and get the supplement, most are fake as they are unregulated. Dr. Willmar Schwabe is what I used.

also you might have hearing loss still because the audiogram only goes up to 8,000 hurts. humans hear up to 20K.

the T could be related to >8K hearing loss.

19. Fangen
      Moonlighting

Fangen Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2nd, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (loud concert for 1h)
      Hi!

Glad to hear! I am envious but very happy for you!
      Although I don't agree that doctors are full of it when they say it is not curable, since it depends very much on what kind of trigger that lead to your T.
      Sudden hearing loss can be cured and restored. For example medicine/noise/physical induced T are harder to cure since it most likely have some kind of physical damage to it, either in the ears/cells/brain.
      I do believe T will be curable at some point in the future, but now right now.

Take good care of your hearing now!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    20. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cool! im gonna check it out, and ask because i do have ETD too lol

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      yes it was idiopathic. I was sitting on my chair 4-5 hours after an airplane ride and my left ear just went KAPUT and lost 50% of my hearing. Crazy hyperacusis followed and after steroid treatment, T began to surface.

I started getting treatment on the 4th or 5th day. The steroids I do believe helped my hearing loss, but did nothing for the T. T going away I credit to Gingko and Vincepotene and the intial hyperbaric therapy.

I would still do it and do it with discipline.

• Like Like x 2
      • Useful Useful x 1
    22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      yes. I think noise induced can be cured as well if you catch it early. the hair cells don't die right away, but get severely flattened. I also think it's very complex since people aren't sure if the nerves or actual hair cells are damaged. Nerves can regenerate for the most part. Gingko improves micro-circulation in the ear.

the funny thing is over the last 2 months I still went to clubs and didn't avoid noise. I was careful if the noise was TOO loud but I still exposed myself to sounds. I think that helped.

when I went to hyperbaric I saw some older guys suffering from chronic T and reported great results after about 20 sessions.

• Like Like x 1
    23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Eustachain Tube Dysfunction is crazy. it CAUSES T. I got T in my GOOD EAR after doing Hyperbaric. So bad that I had to stop treatment. Your T may be related to ETD. once you unplug your ears T goes away instantly

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      BETAHISTINE DID NOT WORK FOR ME and I think at times it increased my T. I think it causes too much blood flow which can lead to inflammation. I would stay away from it.

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      is your T or hearing loss getting better? I remember encouraging you to do the hyperbaric.

Also when you first get T or hearing loss you should research the basic protocol and force your ENT to give you that regimen.

26. i.m
      Anime

i.m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Actually I went to a clinic who treat T, and they did me an extended audiogram up to 20khz: my earing has no problem from 200hz up to 20khz!

27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      you must be young. Most people can only hear up to 15K by around 30 years old.

your T could be caused by Eustachian Tube Dysfunction. Does your ear feel slightly plugged?

I got crazy T in my good ear after I got ETD. T has many causes.

28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      also WIFI can make T worse.

When I put my ear close to a WIFI router, T increased.

Stay at least 5-10 feet away from the WIFI router.

29. i.m
      Anime

i.m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm 26. And I am not feel nothing unusual inside my ear, except an 6-8Khz T. No pain, no dizziness, nothing at all! No loud music, no meds, before T onset. Only a muscle tension ( found with the electrognatography ) on the left side of my mouth ( and I have T right there ), since I was chewing lots of gums every day.

• Informative Informative x 1
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      yeah girls preserve their hearing much better than guys. if you can hear up to 20K you have very good ears.

hearing loss is worse than T. With hearing loss the entire world feels unbalanced, esp. if it's asymmetric.

I would just try everything that cannot harm you. Vinco and Gingko cannot harm you as they are herbs. Laser won't hurt and hyperbaric won't hurt for the most part. I just did everything that I could do and something or some combination worked.

I just covered my ears and i hear no T. hearing silence is amazing. you truly take it for granted until you get T.

• Agree Agree x 1