Hello All, Am New Here

Discussion in 'Support' started by MichelleWFl, Jan 8, 2016.

1. MichelleWFl
      Batty

MichelleWFl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      I wish no one had to go through this, ever. My story starts off with years of an occasional ear ringing. I would stick my finger into my ear and move it around a bit, seemed to do the trick. A few years ago I went to Panama City, Florida in the winter and my left ear hurt the entire time I was there. Since then every winter I begin having trouble especially the left ear. Ear infections but mostly water buildup behind my eardrum which has indeed began yet again this past week, water behind eardrum.....ugh! Have been on Augmentin for 9 days now and have gone from the occasional to constant.... not ringing....whine! It's driving me nuts! When reading a thread here someone mentioned that quiet can be just as bad as loud noise. Ah such relief as I sit here and type while playing music. Thank you! Thank you! I had my first chiropractic adjustment with an Arthrostim instrument at the same time and on top of the ear whining have been dizzy too. Mostly getting in and out of bed is my worst trouble. Never had either of these before so am praying it's the medications fault.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to the forums MichelleWFI.

The Dizzyness could be high or low blood pressure getting up first thing in the morning or your ears making you a little off balance.
      The medication should help with any infection and when you finish the course go back and get your ears checked to make sure they are clear from infection.
      The cold weather can spike tinnitus for some and best keep your ears warm with a hat or hood to help.

You are right that music is good at masking tinnitus and not to loud and at night best played through the night set below your tinnitus.
      Some people find quiet places best if have hyperacusis but mainly soft natural sounds do help tinnitus.

At night playing natural sounds set below your tinnitus makes the brain work hard to focus on the lower sound you have chosen and push your tinnitus sound to the back ground and helps cope better in the day...lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MichelleWFl
      Batty

MichelleWFl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Thank you glynis for all these thoughtful suggestions. At night I have a fan going on low setting and guess that has been taking care of any noises.....cannot live without a fan at night! lol. My BP is usually within normal range at the doctors but I do believe the dizziness is from the adjustment on my neck. It starts out as an electrical buzz in my neck that shoots straight up my head and makes me off balance. Happens if getting in and out of bed, sitting and if I turn the wrong way. But since it's mostly positional I cannot rule out the water in my head. Hopefully Zyrtec and Flonase will clear all that out. Time will tell. :)