Hello Fellow Screechy Eared People

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Trax, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Trax
      English

Trax Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      Hi, I'm new to the forum, but not to tinnitus. However, it's got a lot worse over the last 18 months following a bad bout of vertigo, and now I have extra problems with some hearing loss and abnormal sensitivity to sound. The doctors have been really unhelpful and so I've joined this forum in the hope of finding a magic cure for my troubles... what? ... there's no magic cure? Well, any advice on managing it would be a help. :)

Look forward to reading through all your threads. See you out there.

• Like Like x 1
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Welcome to the forum,

many great members here.......

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum @Trax. What caused your vertigo. If it is BPPV, then there is a special maneuver exercise on youtube called 'Half Sommersaut' technique by a lady MD which works wonder. It helps mine and my vertigo never comes back after a few times of doing the maneuver. If it is Meniere's, then it is a different story. Some members here will be able to advise you if it is Meniere's. There is no universal magic cure as there are many different types of tinnitus. But if you can nail down the cause then your T can fade or disappear after the cause is fixed. Read up on the Success Stories forum and you will find that many people have gotten better, not by habituation but by actually having their T gone. Good luck and take care. God bless.