Hello Fellow Sufferers

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Phil C, May 30, 2018.

1. Phil C
      Curious

Phil C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I've had low level tinnitus for several years now and have been aware of it without it necessarily being too invasive. However fairly recently I went on an evening out to see a tribute act rock band perform a two hour set. It was loud but I didn't think it was excessive and I was sat in a room full of other people none of which appeared to be troubled by the volume. Days after though the ringing was noticeably worse and unfortunately it doesn't appear to have returned to previous levels.

I find myself wondering whether it's going to be like this for the rest of my life and it's a bit of a scary prospect. Generally I am trying to ignore it by keeping busy but it's more invasive than before and sometimes it's impossible not to focus on it.

I also think I find it harder to hear the little things like phones ringing and knocks on doors etc. Not sure where to go from here other than go and have a hearing test again and see if there is any noticeable change from the one I had several years ago.

Just wanted to post something here as I have been reading up on everyone else's experiences and I wanted to share my own.

I empathise with each and every one of you who has this condition and hope you all find some relief and respite and keep the faith when it feels like it's getting you down. (y)

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      Distract yourself if possible. Hopefully it’s just temporary spike for you.

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. No one can know for sure what T will do in the future. But generally your spiking T may fade back to baseline as your ears which have a bit of acoustic trauma slowly heal over time. It is important to protect your ears with earplugs from loud places to prevent further damage. It is also important to stay calm and positive so you can keep the limbic system and its fight or flight response away. This will give you a better chance to see T fade back to baseline. If T really gets bothersome, try to mask it to give you some breaks from it. Take good care. God bless.

• Like Like x 1
    4. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013

Phil,

Sorry to about your increase. It could still be a spike. Not sure how recent the exposure to noise was, but wondering if you had considered steroids? I know this is contentious, but in my opinion, it couldn't hurt to try?

• Agree Agree x 1