Hello I'm Quinn and I'm a Tinnitusaholic!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Quinn, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Quinn
      Batty

Quinn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      not sure
      I just started noticing the ringing, you same sound after firing a gun with no ear protection but it does not go away. The irony of it all I take good care of my ears! I do notice the sound does disappear if I yawn and hiccup or burp at the same time while keeping my mouth closed, and my hearing gets amplified at the same time. If I focus on T it reminds me of the pirate joke, ya know he walks in the bar and the bartender says you know you have a steering wheel on your lap, and the pirate says arrr it's driving me nuts! and it is, any help besides the audio stuff?

2. annabel16

annabel16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Hi Quinn. Does tinnitusaholic mean you can't stop thinking about it? If so, I can relate. When I first got it I lurked here alot and felt a little better reading other peoples stories....misery loves company, I guess. One thing someone told me (or perhaps I read here!)...a young cop went up to the old desk sergeant after a day at the shooting range and complained about this incessant ringing in his ears. The grizzled old veteran said "Don't worry about it."
      That's the punch line, get it? Don't worry about it. That's all there is. The more you think about the worse it is. Try not to get addicted to it, take care of yourself, and if it doesn't get better try therapy to learn coping skills.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quinn
      Batty

Quinn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      not sure
      Thanks annabel16, wish it were that easy. I am going to try coming up with a cure of my own hopefully. If I find a solution I will be sure to share it with everyone. It is not very pleasant at times as you know. Thanks for the advice and take care!