Hello, New Here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mr.GoodTimes, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Mr.GoodTimes

Mr.GoodTimes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noises
      Hi all.

I’ve had tinnitus for a long time. I got it in my left ear working the drivethrough window at Popeyes when I was around 16. The way the headset I wore worked it had to be kept at full volume in order to hear orders. I worked there for a year and had trouble with my left ear ever since. I may have a little bit in my right ear too but it’s hard to hear over my left.

It’s always been a loud ringing when quiet, but has been livable.

I have always kept noise going so it was always tolerable, but this last week it has gone extremely high pitched and loud in my left ear. I can’t drown it out any more.
      I just keep the iPod playing sounds in my left ear all day turned up almost half volume just to barely drown it out. I think it’s getting louder daily...

Sometimes the pitch will jump and make me loose all balance and take me off my feet. Doesn’t happen often but it is scary when it does.

I’m loosing it.
      I can’t function.
      It’s so loud I can’t sleep.
      I’m not able to eat.
      The other night I lost it and woke up screaming until my voice went out. It’s so loud and high pitched it feels like torture.

I don’t have insurance. Is there even a point in going and spending money on an appointment with a ear doctor or should I just experiment in the ear canal at home with a power drill?

I really don’t have money in the budget to go to a doctor just to have them tell me there isn’t anything they can do...

Anyway. Nice to meet you all.
      Maybe I can find some kind of relief here.

2. PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      Hello. It's only been a week and there is a good chance it'll go or reduce in volume. I'd recommend keeping away from the ear buds and letting your ear rest. Play some masking sounds through your phone speaker!

• Like Like x 1
    3. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      What tin the world are you talking about "experimenting at home with a power drill in your ear canal?"
      there are no ear doctors that can help tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are suffering so much from your real high pitched and loud T. You are almost describing my T especially at the onset a few years back. My T can be heard above the jet noise during flights and above the raging rapids in the wild salmon rivers I fish. So when it came on suddenly, and then soon followed by severe hyperacusis, I was in a mess mentally and physically. I can relate and have deep empathy you are going through. But don't despair. Good life can be back. You may be experiencing a spike caused by some ear issue, perhaps infection inside, ETD, fluid or wax build up, etc. Doctors can't cure tinnitus, but they can deal with some of the root causes of tinnitus, especially the somatic ones. Once the root cause is found and healed, then there is a good chance your spiking T will return to base line.

So don't panic and don't get too anxious or stressed out. As these will aggravate T. Try to read up our TT success stories to see if you can learn some helpful strategies to help you cope. If you are interested in how I survive my ultra high pitch T and severe H, check out the following link. After reading it, if you have questions on some helpful strategies I share, you can leave a comment there. I also provide a audio link below on a good masking sound for high pitched T. Take good care. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

High pitched cicadas sound with beep, keep volume low first and then turn up until it masks your T, try to use external speakers instead of earphones:
      MOST POWERFUL TINNITUS SOUND THERAPY 1...

Same masking sound but without the beep which may be annoying for some:
      MOST POWERFUL TINNITUS SOUND THERAPY (No...

• Like Like x 1