Hello "T" Folks

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ragman, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Ragman

Ragman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss
      Noobie here:
      This tinnitus came onto me without warning. Went to bed one night feeling fine and woke up the next morning with the very loud static noise in both ears. Left ear louder than the right. Have been working with Audacity for notching sounds, has helped some. The tinnitus seems to be a fickle fellow, it will go soft to the point it is hardly noticeable then come back with a vengeance. But now to the issue at hand. I have gone to 5 different audiologist and each one has told me they are unable to give me a definite Hz frequency for my tinnitus, they can only give my a range (4000Hz to 6000Hz). The one audiologist indicated my tinnitus was closest to 6000Hz, but didn't say which side above or below. How do I apply this program neuromodulator to my situation. Audacity has the ability to generate "Tone" but it seems to be only one tone, unless I misunderstand how to do it, which has nothing to do with this program I should add. Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks
      Ragman

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Mike K
      Tolerant

Mike K Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      Welcome to the forums! I hope you find some answers here. Sorry to hear it kind of just came out of nowhere :/ and I hope it goes as soon as possible! Do you have any idea on what could be the cause?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ragman

Ragman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss
      Hi Mike
      Can't prove it but two days after a procedure on my back for pain which involved killing 8 nerves the T set in after the last procedure. I have been using a program of Notched Sounds, which has given me some relief. It has eliminated the worst noise and I am working on the other noises. It is a slow process, but if I listen to it for long periods of time it seems to work better. It is called TRT (Tinnitus Retraining Therapy. It removed the frequencies that causes the T form hearing loss. Here is a link if you are interested http://www.notchtherapy.com/ I have gone to 5 different audiologist and all have told me they are unable to give me one definitive frequency for my T only a range which is between 4000Hz and 6000Hz. So that is what I am working with. If I can help further let me know.
      Ragman