Hello Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mikedman516, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Mikedman516
      Approved

Mikedman516 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 10, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Middle Ear Infection
      About two weeks ago, after a day of slight hearing loss, i woke up in the middle of the night with a sharp pain and significant hearing loss in my left ear. The day after, my local urgent care said i have bad infections in both ears. The pulse and ringing was always there, but i never noticed it greatly until a week ago when i got annoyed of it because my hearing loss and pains went away. I stayed up all night researching tinnitus, and i essentially broke down and cried. Up until i realized that most people only have permanent t after a loud noise. I only have an infection. Im prepared to have t permanently if that be the case, but im not stressed about it. Maybe this is just a short phase in my life. We'll see.

So hello, everyone.

2. alyssalee97
      Badass

alyssalee97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Hello! Welcome to Tinnitus Talk!

I haven't had tinnitus long myself, but what I can say is that looking online about tinnitus is a nightmare. My anxiety and terror was filled from reading about the doom and gloom. If you need some lifting up, I would look through this tag: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/the-positivity-thread.3142/

I hope this helps somewhat! I'll be sending you my thoughts and prayers. <3

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      It is possible your T is a short phase in your life if it is caused by an infection. Once the infection is healed, your T may disappear or fade to insignificance. So be positive. I like your attitude of preparing for the worse. This will reduce your anxiety level so much that T can't find the fuel to spike on you. No one knows for sure but the probability is good when you stay positive and not stressed out about T.

• Like Like x 1