Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by siyana, Nov 29, 2016.

1. siyana

siyana Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely loud music
      Hey everyone,

I am a college student and I have been listening to loud music for a long time now. The ringing in my ears started on October 20. At first I tried to wait it out but then about a month later I decided to go see the ENT.

I did notice that if I keep my neck straight, the beeping becomes very minuscule. But if I tilt my head, the sound not only becomes louder; depending on the angle of my head, the sound seems to transfer over to the other ear. But it seems like my left ear is the most affected, though I had a lot of wax in the right ear. 4 - 5 months ago I did have an ear infection in the left ear but I was able to clear that out with antibiotics.

The ENT doctor cleaned out the wax in my ears, checked my nose and throat, also I had a hearing test. And everything seems to be okay. She did say that the wax irritated my ears a bit so hopefully it'll be down soon.

Unfortunately, the doctor seemed to be in a hurry and rushed through the explanations really quickly. She didn't even prescribe any treatment except avoid loud noises and get a hearing test again in February when I get back from winter break. I saw online that I need to relax and take supplements but since Finals is here, that is stressing me out.

I guess the good part is that I barely notice it during the day and at night when I'm sleeping I would either sleep on the side with the beeping or just cover the ear.

I know there's no real cure for tinnitus but what treatments can a stressed out college student can start off with (besides trying to relax). Should I try those over-the-counter tinnitus medicine I see at Walgreens?

Any suggestions for someone who just started with tinnitus would be appreciated.

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @siyana
      Since your tinnitus was caused by loud music. The first thing you need to do is stop being around loud sounds and to give your ears a rest. I advise not listening to music through headphones, even at low volume. Keep away from clubs and other places where loud music is played for a while. Click on the link below and read the post as you might find it helpful.

Best of luck
      Michael
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/

• Winner Winner x 1