Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kirstine, May 19, 2017 at 3:21 PM.

1. Kirstine

Kirstine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe mowing the lawn, stress or no freakin' clue
      Hey guys. Been reading a bit on this site, and thought I might give it a go.

I just recently started suffering from tinnitus. A week actually.

I've had a slight tone in one ear for several years, but only really noticable when I really tried to listen for it.

So I've spent a week only reading about tinnitus, watching videoes, trying to find masking noices etc.
      And now it's really bad. Like 4 different sound, like an electrical static (high pitched), low pitch, medium and crazy high.
      And it seems like it reacts when people speak to me. Or a car goes by or what ever.
      So I've already contemplated suicide. Going crazy or what no.

I've watched all of Julian videos. Made me feel calmer at first, but now I don't know.

Well anyway. I just wanted to make myself known.

Thank you, and have a nice weekend :)

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. RockyDoctah
      Amused

RockyDoctah Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/10/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not really sure...Bad ear infection?
      Welcome to the forum. And, I feel very sorry to hear what you're going through. But you are not alone, (A lot of people say). I have had ringing in my ears since May of last year. But don't worry, it will get better over time. Most people's tinnitus gets better, you just gotta wait. It may seem like a million years at first but trust me. You'll get used to it and you might even forget you have it like I did! Welcome. And you have a nice weekend too!

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Kristine.
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      Tinnitus can be tough going in the beginning and all the unwanted emotions that come with it can soon start you to panic.
      Getting enough sleep and eating well and trying to relax all helps.
      Try not google as some stories can be off putting and at the moment you need time to adjust to your sound.

It's very early for you and could go away as fast as it came but stress and anxiety can feed it and ramp up your sound.
      Keep relaxing music on to help mask your sound and help you stay calm.
      We are here around the clock to support you and help you get through the toughest of times as we totally understand how you feel.

Love glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. joker1994
      Wired

joker1994 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck damage
      (sry my bad English) i got mine for 3 weeks ago so i dont have alot of advice beside try to not care about it and react to it ( am working on that atm and it seems to work better day by day) at the begning i had 5-6 driffrent sounds now i only got 3 so that progress. try to go for a walk ore to a friend ore annyting you enjoy. also if you some were there masks your t dont try to go to a silince place and lissen to your t just to see if it go up ore down that Will just make you more anxious. i would probbly also try to contact someone there is more experience with t and talk with them and see it is possible to live a good and happy life with it.

• Like Like x 1
    5. MJv
      No Mood

MJv Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know
      @Kirstine
      It's difficult to deal with multiple loud tinnitus. Do you have hyperacusis too?
      I advice you to seak for professional help. Goodluck and have a nice weekend!

• Like Like x 1
    6. gene campbell

gene campbell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've been suffering from tinnitus for 20 years now, and thought it was hopeless. But, just joined in hopes of finding Something that might help. Mine is a loud high-pitch; which I'm more conscious of the quieter it is. I've tried numerous therapies, but as yet, no joy. Fingers crossed for a miracle.

7. Kirstine

Kirstine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah. It really sucks.
      I remember going to the ENT last year, also around May, because of tinnitus. I had perfect hearing and he removed some wax. Didn't do much.
      I remember I reacted to the T - but not in a FREAK OUT way. And I could easily mask it with normal television or music. And I guess I got used to it. Because I almost haven't thought about it since.
      But this time it seems only specific tones will mask it. Other tones will only make it louder.
      I think it got triggered from mowing the lawn at work. I ran on that tractor for two days hours at a time. And the only thing I was worried about was the gasolinefumes I was inhaling :/
      So - This time around I am in a really bad place. I am not eating really, I can't do housework, can't even get to work. I'm just in my apartment most of the time, stewing in selfpity and catastrophic thinking patterns and reading about T. Have been extremely stressed out over the past year. Some health issues, family member who got sick, mom lost her dog (I lost him too), alcoholic uncle, and lots of other stuff.
      I had an operation back in march, and had an infection and was hospitalized for 5 days, leaving me thinking I was going out of my miind. I was dizzy when I got back home, and full of anxiety. Oh yeah, and my neck and jaws are killing me still:/I really tried to work on myself, and I felt like I got a hold on the anxiety, but kept on being dizzy.

Well that was a lot of information at once.

Thanks for your kind words :)

8. Kirstine

Kirstine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    9. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @Kirsten,
      It's not been long since your opperation and it can give you a wobble with anxiety and thinking back to it if the opperation was not planned.

You now need to build up your self worth and confidence and social skills again by getting out a little every day.
      Don't worry about any sounds you come across and just build up the time your out and places you go and build up to more populated areas in the town.
      These skills will come back and making that first step will be the biggest and reward yourself for doing it.
      We can help you and tell us what you manage each day and be proud you made a start.
      Love glynis

• Like Like x 2
    10. Kirstine

Kirstine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      :):thankyousign:

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. MJv
      No Mood

MJv Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know
      Do you have h ?

12. DT_N_DA_CLUB

DT_N_DA_CLUB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      I have multiple tone tinnitus too. Mine sounds like a hissing electrical high pitched tinnitus. I tried to match my tinnitus with a specific frequency but since it's not a pure sound it's not easy to do.

You can still be happy for the most part even with intrusive tinnitus. It took me over a year to habituate. I could still hear my T over everything, but I had some good days when I was able to mask the sound.

I got used to the sound and the pitch wasn't as ultra high. I had a setback, an ear infection made my T worse. Ever solince then I've been going through all the anxiety and suicidal thoughts.

I also quit my job so I'm looking for a new job and trying to accept my new T sound.

I don't think your T will stay reactive to noises forever. I experienced that and it got better.

I want to turn things around, I know you do too. It sounds like you are dealing with anxiety too. It is still early for you, it could get better.

Keep pushing yourself, and I will too.

13. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      @Kirstine
      Welcome to the forum. As others suggest, you have high anxiety which is driving the T to spike. The high pitched T often comes with some degree of hyperacusis (H), and with that you feel your T reacts with sound. I know that so well as I have had both ultra high pitched T and severe H too a few years back. My T is like a dentist drill with 10 times the pitch, and my H turned all normal sounds so loud and piercingly hurtful as if the ears got drilled by every normal sound, including the soft voice of my wife. Worse still, I had relentless anxiety and panic attack from T & H due to prior condition of anxiety and panic disorder. The sufferings were so bad that dark thoughts of the big 'S' word just dangled in front of my tired and stressed out mind. I thought I never would have good life again nor even to survive for long. But never say never. Today, I am back to living a normal and absolutely enjoyable life. I wrote my success story and listed some important points helpful to my recovery. Here is my success story if you have time to read it. Also read up on as many success stories as you can to give you hope. Don't despair nor panic. Good days will be back. Have a bright hope for the future. Believe it. Give it some time as your T is still very new. Take good care and God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

14. damntinnitus

damntinnitus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have no idea. It slowly crept up on me.
      Hi kristine. You might find it hard to believe, but you will learn to tolerate it. And sooner than you're thinking right now.
      I've tried valium before bed on a couple of occasions and with my tv on I managed to sleep. As each day goes by my tolerance is growing stronger.
      (As will yours).
      And there's times (Although it's still there) I can forget it for hours.
      I'd don't have the cure but I do have your back.

15. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      syringing
      Here's a couple of places to go that I had found helpful:
      1. Diagnosis and Management of Somatosensory Tinnitus
      2. Tinnitus Vestibular Disorders Association - lots of professional articles
      3. There's several good sites for related neck, jaw, head pain, etc. I have a list. Also TMJ.

16. Applejuice

Applejuice Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20-3-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I also have multiple tones, 2 monthd in now. First month was hell, 2nd month is better. You're not the first or only one, even I sometimes wake up with the feeling "do I have to listen to this for the rest of my life". Thinking like that does not help though. My mini water fontain does. I try not to mask it completely and advise to stay away from headphones.

I also put on my headphones and try to mask it and it is not a good move to do but thats the first advice you see online. Best advice is no headphones, start yoga, avoid loud noises and buy earplugs/earmuffs.

Try to keep your head up, sometimes it is difficult, in the beginning you'll feel more bad days than good. Slowly you'll get less worse days even if your T does not decrease like mine.