Help, I Can't Cope Anymore, Don't Know a Single Person with Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by no life, Dec 4, 2015.

1. no life

no life Member

Hi everyone me again
      I'm at my wits end with this stupid tinnitus in both ears.

I can't cope no more, I can't except it and never will.i wanna be like everyone else I find myself looking at people and just thiking bet she has peace and quiet.

I'm from the UK and don't no a single person with tinnitus so I feel all alone I wish I knew at least one person with tinnitus .

I have to kids and they have been deprived of a mother because I just don't want to look after them, I just don't care really anymore, nothings the same anymore my partner is useless I use a masker at night and he's like if your using that then I'm sleeping down stairs, buy then.

I'm so jealous of everyone's life I'm crying inside all the time, I just don't no were to turn.

Christmas is gonna suck.

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      no life

no life Member

Can't Evan have a nice relaxing bath or read a book in peace, can't hang out with friends because it's Evan messed my sex life up :cry:.

• Hug Hug x 2
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Please dont be to hard on yourself and love yourself and lots of treats.
      Tinnitus is hard going and the unwanted emotions with it .
      I carnt give medical information out but can gide you and im quite geared up on tinnitus and a big part of the BTA for five years and helping on here too.
      Im in the uk in Stoke on trent and im 50 with grown up sons and happy talk to you on the phone and can class me as a friend .
      It sounds like depression and anxiety and loss of confidence through tinnitus is taking hold and you need lots of support from friends and family,doctor ,counselling and maybe medication and forum support.
      I have been in the dark place I think you are at and I promise you life does get better.
      sending you lots of love and hugs xxx pm me if you would like talk to me..lots of love glynis

• Winner Winner x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      no life

no life Member

Thanks for the advice means a lot, would love to no when it gets better it's been years now.

5. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I know you have sound therapy at night but pillow speakers will help so your hubby wont be able to hear your natural sounds throughout the night .

Have you got maskers or hearing aids at all ?​

6. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Hi
      Would you believe there's a way around this?
      And it costs nothing.
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172/

7. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @no life. How long have you had tinnitus. I take it that you have seen your doctor and ENT. It does get better we do adapt to it . You will find ways of dealing with it but it takes time. Wish you all the best.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      no life

no life Member

I don't need a hearing aid I haven't got hearing loss

9. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Ok.
      Have you been seen by audiology about your tinnitus ? ....lots of love glynis

10. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      From my understanding, even if there is no hearing loss a hearing aid can still be beneficial because it can be set to play tones that will help your mind to ignore the tinnitus sounds... Have you had an audiogram? I didn't know I had hearing loss until I had that test done so they said hearing aids may be helpful in my case. Theres also TRT which I believe is similar in that you use maskers in both ears to help your mind tone out the T sound.. I'm sorry you're hurting. I'm a mother to two small children and am pregnant and know how exhausting it can be coupled with this obnoxious intrusive noise in our heads... Staying busy with activites and trying to keep the enviorment quiet helps me personally. I hope things get better for you. :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      @no life

Your post has me a tad concerned. We know what you are going thru and how it effects you. I pray you will find a way to accept this dreaded ringing and focus less on it. I know how hard it is. What concerns me is your children. You say they have been deprived of a mother and the father is no help really? I sure hope you can ask for, and receive some extra help from close family and friends to ensure their well being. We want what is best for our children. We owe it to them to provide a happy and stable environment so they can blossom and succeed in life. If they come home daily to a depressed home, they too will carry this for life. It will effect schooling, the friends they make, the sports they play etc etc. They will be as unhappy as you, because this is what they learned from you. You have a few months to plan for Christmas yet you already KNOW it will be a bad one, or a sad one? Therefore, it will be!! Like getting up for work and saying " I hate working Work SUCKS" Of course your work day will in fact suck!

Try to muster up all your strength and not allow this to effect your kids. The more you see your children smile, the more you will smile with them. Hang in there and give it time to adapt too. Try to not be so negative OK?

12. Foncky
      Tired

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music. Balloon. Genes.
      Man, this post is from december 2015...

13. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      oops...............

14. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      wonder how christmas was???