Help Identifying Type of Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jake0030, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Jake0030

Jake0030 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      So, just so I can try to explain to my doctor when I make my first visit, need to know if there is a name for the type of tinnitus I have. It started about a month ago and I have at least confirmed that the noise I am hearing is coming from me and not from the environment.

My tinnitus is in my left ear only (one of the ways I know it's me, not the environment) and sounds like bass coming from sub woofers half a mile away. Literally, that's what it sounds like except there is no or very little variation. Literally sounds like bass: dung...dung...dung..dun-dung...dung...dung..dun-dung...dung...dun-dung... and so it goes. I even feel it.

I have yet to discover what is wrong with me pathology wise, but I will be making an appointment with my doctor asap. Any one know what this kind of tinnitus is called?

Thanks in advance-

Editing this post because I realize it's supposed to be an introduction. Imagine how happy I am that I moved out of the city and into a rural area 2 years ago(paradise on earth) just to escape rude people with sub woofers who love bass. I have near perfect hearing and now I'm stuck with this maddening noise 24/7. It's taking it's toll, just I am sure it does with everyone else. Hope we all get answers and help sooner than later. I'm off to explore the forums, hopefully someone knows what type of tinnitus I have.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      It sounds like you may have pulsatile tinnitus which rhymes with the heart beat. This is usually related to tinnitus caused by blood circulation. Perhaps you can make a post in the Pulsatile Tinnitus forum so see if members there with PT will recognize the symptoms better than here in the Introduction. Good luck. Take care. God bless.

• Like Like x 1
    3. GJSCAR

GJSCAR Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Where is the pulsatile forum?

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since: