Help Me! I'm Suicidal from Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kaleb, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Kaleb
      Depressed

Kaleb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      about 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know
      Hi my name is Kaleb. I'm 15 and I'm becoming suicidal from tinnitus. It's on my left ear and all I do is cry all day.

I can't sleep much and I feel like suicide is the only option for me.

I can't do it though.

How can I COPE WITH THIS? I'm so tired of this ear! All I want is my normal self again!

2. snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think pressure to jaw. I don't know.
      Hi Kaleb. I completely understand you. you right. I'm sorry You have the same pain.
      have you got used to this situation after 2 years yet؟

• Like Like x 1
    3. Mahr
      Doh

Mahr Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, probably hair cell damage
      Hi Kaleb, I'm sorry you're going through a rough period right now, but pls believe me, it'll get (a bit) better. You don't sleep much I understand. Talk to your gp about sleeping medication for a while so you will gain some energy to deal with this situation. Thr more tired you get, the louder the T will be.
      Talk to an ent to find out what causes your T, perhaps something can be done about it?
      Try to distract yourself from your situation; try to do things you like. Try listening to white/purple noises and find out what works for you. I just listen to soft music to ease my mind.

• Like Like x 1
    4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Kaleb ,
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      Tinnitus and the unwanted emotions it can bring can be hard going at first and lack of sleep.
      Have a check up off your doctor to rule out wax build up or an infection or cold and avoid headphones and earphones as can make tinnitus worse and cause it for some people if had music on through them at a high level .

Sleeping tablets are ok short term or things like melatonin or cherry juice.
      Do what you can to try take your mind off the sound and have music on low throughout the house where needed as a quiet room will draw your attention to it.
      Playing natural sounds throughout the night set below your tinnitus will help you sleep and help your brain adjust but use a free standing unit or pillow speakers and not headphones or earphones.
      Tinnitus does seem like mental torture as it invades our quiet time but it does get easier to cope as our brain builds up it's natural filter and not see the sound as a threat.
      Use ear protection around loud sounds and try stay calm and relax .
      Keep posting for support as we are here around the clock....lots of love glynis

( Make sure you get help with any suicidal thoughts asap ring MIND,Mental Health,Samaritans or to a safe place like your doctors or emergency department and don't suffer alone.
      Happy talk to you on the phone)

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kaleb
      Depressed

Kaleb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      about 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know
      I've gotten used to it but sometimes I freak out. :(

• Hug Hug x 2
    6. RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of hearing and then stress and anxiety
      I'm not sure how much you have read, but crying about it all day only makes it louder. Thinking about it only makes it louder. Freaking out about it makes it louder. You need to get on a path of recovery so that you can start to habituate and make it softer and softer so that eventually you don't notice it any more. the less you notice the quieter it gets the less you notice, etc etc.

7. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      @Kaleb kaleb it's natural to freakout from time to time I too sometimes get so sick and tired of this ringing that it consumes me and then I feel defeated but then I know that the feeling passes and we get back on our feet and start living life and all of the sudden little time has passed and we notice that we CAN live with T.
      Just try to be kind to your mind feed it positive thoughts you can do this.
      Stay strong
      Carlos

• Like Like x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    8. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Hi @Kaleb and welcome!
      I'm sorry you have to deal with this at such a young age. Just know that you are not alone. Here are people from all over the world who understand what you are going through. Do you know if you have hearing loss in your ringing ear?

9. Mark McClelland

Mark McClelland Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Heavy and repeated extreme loud music
      Kaleb, RB2014 really said it all there. I'm so sorry you feel so hopeless about it and yes, it really is bad you've got it so young. But with management, it does subside. With time you will get used to it - and adding what I just said that it does lessen. That might seem really stupid to say now but it's true. When it really won't go away, it's best to accept it, let it in and relax. I know that might seem insanely difficult to do but it's true. It's like when you're in a desperate situation and the worst thing you can do is panic, even when every instinct is telling you to do so. Yes, so much easier to say or type than do. But work with it. Try to stay away from loud noises as much as possible. Wear ear protection at any potentially loud situation. Once it subsides, learn how to keep it there. There is life after T and there's life with it.