Help Needed, I'm Freaking Out

Discussion in 'Support' started by Azakius, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Azakius

Azakius Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Hi all,

So, on Sunday night, I was watching TV, not that loud when all of a sudden I could hear this high pitched whine. I thought maybe it was some electronic in the room so I turned them all off and it was still there. Thought nothing of it and went to bed. Woke up next morning and it was still there. It seem to be localised to my left ear but more to the back of my head, atleast that's what it seems like. Bit of background information about me, I don't go to clubs, I don't listen to loud music and I haven't had a knock on the head. All I do is play games so I wear a headset alot. Since this has started, I've stopped using the headset.

Is there a chance this could be temporary? Considering I've not done any of the things that would usually cause Tinnitus. I've been to the doctors... well nurse as it was a 2 week waiting list for my doctor. She said I had a slight inflamed left ear and that could very well cause this buzzing as it might be a inner ear infection. She is going to book me in with an EMT to get checked but I'm not sure when that is and I'm already freaking out. I lost my nan on Monday night so all that on top of this is really starting to wear me down.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just needed to get this out and hopefully hear what I need to hear.

Thanks,
      Dan

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to TT, Dan. Don't panic. We understand what you are going through. We have been there where you are now when our T was new. So members here have empathy for your sufferings. Since your T is so new and it seems to come from an infection, there is a high chance it will fade or go away. As far as the suffering, the endless ringing, the fear, anxiety, depression and sleeplessness etc., they are all very normal when T is new and alien to the body. We all had experienced the T trauma to varying degree. I went through hell with my ultra high pitch dog whistle T and severe hyperacusis a few years back. I was in a mess for a while. But now I am living a normal life, enjoying and living it abundantly despite the T still being there. I wrote my success story like many other members. Do read up as many success stories as you can to learn how to get better.

Try to be positive. The first step towards positivity is to read up on the success stories and the Positivity Thread. They give you hope and you can learn some insights how to get better. Being positive will help reduce stress which is bad for T. Try take supplements such as NAC, Magnesium, B12, D3 etc. At this new stage, masking is you best bet to reduce the anxiety. Here is a TT thread with some nice tips and some masking sounds, and it has link to a sleep thread too. Take good care and God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/panic/

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Azakius

Azakius Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Thank you for the quick reply.

I'll read that guide right now. For me it's not fear of more problems it's just I'm the sort of person that likes my peace and quiet and right now, I can't get that. So I'm freaking out big time, I'm not ashamed to say I've teared up multiple times today. I'm hoping this is temporary (if there even if such a thing as temporary T?) as I've not done anything to cause it but I'll be sure to update this thread and let you know what happens.

Thank you.

4. eric peterson
      Sporty

eric peterson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 10/2003 Increase: 04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      who knows? who cares?
      @Azakius We've all been where you are, in the first weeks of intrusive tinnitus. We know how hard it can be, and the worry of not ever having silence in our lives again. But the grand bulk of people go on to habituate to the noise in their heads (I think @Dr. Hubbard says it's something like 98% within 18 months). Most people, given enough time, don't even notice their T even in completely silent rooms. I've had mild T for 12 years, and had a recent (about 5 months ago) large increase in the volume of my T. And with each passing month it requires less and less noise in the room to mask my T and have me get on with my life and not think about it. It's very hard to believe in the first weeks/months, but you'll get there. A positive attitude will go a long way to helping. (@billie48 is exactly right there) Just stick with it. Don't be afraid to lean on ppl. Try to not spend too much time on these boards (just reading the success stories might he helpful). But get out and live your life as best you can. It will do wonders for your attitude and habituation. And if your T goes away, great! And if it doesn't, then what you do over these next few months could go a long way toward helping your habituation. As hard as it seems now, you'll thank yourself later for working as hard as you can to keep your wits about you and live your life as normally as possible now. good luck.

eric

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Azakius

Azakius Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Thank you Eric.

I appreciate the words. I'll take them on board.

6. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      If you can sleep without meds youll be fine. Do all you can to stay off medication. Herbs, good food, exercise, calming teas and so on. The more you freak out the worse it may get.

7. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Azakius,
      Tinnitus comes through lots of reasons ,infections and emotional stress to list a few.
      A rough guide is anything up to six months has every chance in going away by itself.
      Try stay calm as tinnitus feeds on stress and with tinnitus can come lots of unwanted emotions as it invades our quiet time .
      I'm sorry for the loss of your Nan and that alone is devastating and sending you my dearest sympathy to you and your family.
      There is lots of help for tinnitus and you have found a great support forum here and I'm always happy to talk to you if in the UK on the phone anytime just send me your number by pm.....lots of love glynis

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Azakius

Azakius Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Hi Glynis,

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate them.

Today seems to be a bit better, all I'm really hearing is some feight white noise and a high pitched whine every so often. Hoping this could mean it's getting better but we'll see.

9. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      It can still very well pass by completely for you. Try not to focus on it and not to worry ( I know, easy to say) , but it's been a few days only. Take some NAC, magnesium, vitamins..And keep observing that probable infection. For now nothing to think of as a permanent thing. If in two weeks you still have it, then try to read a bit more about the condition ( but even then it may still very well go away. ) When I was in at the beginning I repeated to myself the phrase from doctors 'most T resolves within 180 days'. I just hit 180 , but still believe it will go away :)

10. Inge
      Cool

Inge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      benzodiazepine withdrawal
      Yes it could very well be temporary. Prednisone and the supplement NAC can help in the early phases of T onset. But you have to act fast.

11. MidnightOilAudio
      Ape-like

MidnightOilAudio Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Just want to echo others here in saying that yes, there is such a thing as temporary T. Good luck.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1