Hey New Here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Reece, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Reece

Reece Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey I'm Reece 23 from the UK ! been looking around the web about tinnitus I'm new to having it , around 5 weeks ago I was in a club and after a few days the high pitched noise was still there for the past 5 weeks it's constant and the pitch occasionally changes. Doesn't help that I've not really worn ear defenders at work or very little , the doctor has said I have hearing loss , got another hearing test in 2 weeks if not better then I get an MRI, self diagnosing is bad which I've been doing , looking about scaring myself about tumors etc, hopefully I'm over reacting
      Reece

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Reece

Reece Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks that was a good read breaks everything down and eat to understand , the only thing that really scares me is the possibility of acoustic neuroma but hopefully it's just due to loud music and a sometimes loud working atmosphere ,here's hoping

4. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Reece I understand how you feel Reece and the concerns that you have. The most common cause of tinnitus is exposure to loud noise so try not to worry about acoustic neuroma. If you keep away from loud sounds and use ear protection when necessary and don't listen to music through headphones even at low volume, it's likely your tinnitus will improve and could go completely away. Stick to my suggestions and hopefully you'll make a full recovery in time. Good luck
      Michael

• Like Like x 1
    5. racerfish
      No Mood

racerfish Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / T worsened with antiobiotics
      Sorry to hear about your T. Mine began after going to a loud bar, but as someone else mentioned, the T has probably been a long time in the making. From my own experience (everyone though is different), my T eventually died down with time to the point that I barely noticed it. However, exposure to loud noises usually spikes me T.

You're at a point now where you need to be careful with your ears. Wear earplugs. Avoid loud places if you can. Avoid playing music too loud. The damage to your ear is cumulative, so it's important to protect your ears going forward. I wish you all the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Reece

Reece Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @racerfish thanks for the reply !, is the loud ringing in just one of your ears ?, if I'm around loud bangs or music it gets worse but I've been avoiding anything like that, I've heard of people having it for a few months then dying down !.