Hi All Club Tinnitus Members!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Axel, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Axel
      Depressed

Axel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medicin
      Hi!
      I have been a member of the tinnitus club since years. The worst and oddest type I got late 2009. I am not sure what startet it - a virus, a fall, drugs. It is a humming in my right ear around 60-70 hz. I also have fullness in that ear. The first two-three years were hard. Then it became better to live with.
      A couple of month ago I had a heart attack and put on several drugs. AFter three weeks I started havang fullness in my ear again. It hadnt botthered me for a long time. A week later my ear started humming more intensely and persistent than before. Very annying and lots of anxiety with suicidal thoughts. Just like years ago.
      I have stopped taking the drugs to find out if that will have any positive effect. But there hasnt been any yet.
      I have also found out that my hearing isnt as godd on my right ear. But perhaps that is mostly caused be the fullness. I also have hyperacuses along with my tinnitus.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome Axel. Sorry to hear your T flared up again. Don't panic. You may be having a spike but spikes often die down given some time to settle down. So don't do anything drastic for perhaps a temporary condition. Right now with anxiety and depression, your brain is under the control of the limbic system and you function in fight or flight mode which makes things much worse than they are. You can't blame the brain. It is just trying to protect you when it senses danger and threat, which T is perceived erroneously as one at this stage. It will get better over time.

We all have our challenges at times with our T spikes. My baseline T is ultra high pitch dog whistle which resonate in my whole head. When in huge spikes, I could hear my T above the sound of the jet noise in the last 2 flights I took, and above the sound of the raging rapids in the salmon river I fish. It is not a T normal people can bear. Sometimes even heavy rain sound is not enough to mask my T (as it is above rapids sound). I have to use squeaky faucet sound plus some blue or violet noise. Then I also have H which made all sounds so hurtful, even the soft voice of my wife hurt. If I use ear plugs to block outside sounds for H, then the T scream became to unbearably dominant. So T & H are mutually exclusive. Gosh!!! I tried to choose a less choice of the two devils but there is no lesser choice between them. T & H turned me into a mess with constant panic attacks a few years back.

I never thought I could become well again. But you never rule out what time and patience plus some positive attitude can do to heal. Today I live an absolutely enjoyable and productive life even often facing spikes. So never believe the lies of the T bully. T is not an end game. If a panic prone person like me can recover after some time, have faith you can too. Try to read up the success stories to give you hope. I wrote my success story too and listed many important points which have helped me turn around and I used a mental imagery to help me deal with huge spikes. For brevity I post this link hopefully you have time to read it. Take care and hopeful things will improve for you and settle back to baseline. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/from-darkness-to-light-how-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Axel
      Depressed

Axel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medicin
      Thank you for your encouraging words. Amazing you coped living with T and H that severe. I will dig in to the link you gave me and the success stories. Frightening that a sound can have such an impact in ones life and control et completely. But also reassuring that the brain can sometimes deal with it more or less.