Hi, Tinnitus for Almost Two Years

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Alfredo, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Alfredo

Alfredo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2011
      I have tinnitus almost two years, it started one night. All my test are good, i don't know what caused it.
      Hearing is good, neck good, blood test a little bit low on iron. Blood pressure good also when it started was low. Neurology examination all good. I don't understand why it started. I don't know what other test to do? the doctor's say that it will go away by itself but now after two years I'm not so sure. Any opinions?

i tried many things, vitamins, betaserc, ginkgo... but unfortunately nothing work. I've been to acupuncturist four times but nothing, bio-energy few times but also nothing.

Now I use magnesium oil, maybe that would help, and also I will try homeopathy. Also I'm taking iron almost three months.

I'm thinking of using antidepressant, it may be helpful if the trigger for tinnitus is stress and unhappiness. I am stressed and unhappy for a long time, but I'm not sure if that is the cause of tinnitus.

Also, one thing did help from time to time and that is diazepam. I don't know if the volume decreases but it put me to sleep and i am calmer the next few days.

Sorry for my bad English.

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Alfredo, and welcome!

Did your doctor suggest taking either iron or vitamin B-12? Sometimes tinnitus can be caused by a B-12 deficiency. You said you took vitamins; was that a multi-vitamin?

The magnesium oil could help, if you use it regularly. It helps to calm you, and may help with sleep, too.

I don't know about diazepam, but if it works for you, that is good, and it should be OK to take it on an occasional basis.

We're glad you joined us! Maybe other people will have additional suggestions.

3. Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Welcome, Alfredo. That is so strange, the T just appearing like that. Have you seen your dentist? I know that problems with the jaw can cause tinnitus.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alfredo

Alfredo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2011
      on my blood test, iron was a little low 9,8 so the doctor suggested i take iron. about vitamins i took solgar b-complex with vitamin c and solagar vm-75.each for few months.
      how you use magnesium oil? i use it twice a day 5 spays on each foot. i don't know if is enough.
      last night was rough, i couldn't sleep because tinnitus volume has gone up, so i took one diazepam 5mg. after that i slept about 6 hours and today I'm feeling better. i don't know what makes the T go up. maybe food i'm not sure. yesterday i ate some dry pineapple and marmalade so maybe that's the reason. maybe the sugar is the reason.
      prior to my tinnitus about a month i had an oral surgery. maybe that can be the link. honestly i don't know what to search. when i move my jaws nothing happens, tinnitus is the same. they sad if the jaws is the reason then when you move it the volume of tinnitus change.
      I'm thinking of using antidepressant like citalopram. it say that if tinnitus is cause by anxiety or depression a 4 week therapy is enough, so i thought why not give it a try. but I'm not sure if that is a good idea.