Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by yankeeDDL, Feb 25, 2018.

1. yankeeDDL

yankeeDDL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unclear
      Hello,

I just discovered this forum and I wanted to say "thank you" for sharing so much information and experience.
      I've had my tinnitus for a few years: I'm actually not sure when it started exactly: I have the feeling it was very gradual, but now it is a constant presence in my life.
      It is quite difficult to fall back asleep at night and, in general, quiet woods are much less enjoyable than they used to be.
      I don't recall any specific event that could have triggered it. I didn't attend discos regularly (I might have gone a dozen times in my life), nor too many concerts. My dad used to clap my head just as a friendly pat, but I suspect it was that the main cause.

I have many questions and doubts, but it is already "good" to know that there are so may people, even young ones, that are affected. It gives me confidence that it can be tolerated, somehow.

Walter

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Kenya

Kenya Member

Tinnitus Since:
      16 years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idk
      I too suffer from tinnitus it’s been 16 years. I’m thinking it could be my wisdom teeth I’m going to schedule an appointment with an oral surgeon

3. unicorn penguin
      Buzzed

unicorn penguin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      24/08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      You can do it! (y) Don't lose hope :)

• Like Like x 1
    4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Have you tried Melatonin for sleep? Also masking with soothing nature sounds may help you sleep. Have you tried that?

There are many causes, single or combined, which can trigger or aggravate tinnitus including but not limited to drug side-effects from ototoxic drugs, ear wax build-up, ear-wax removal suction, inner ear infection, Eustachian tube disorder or ETD, ear drum injury, fluid build-up in ears feeling pressured or fullness, sinus infection & congestion especially with a bad cold, TMJ, TTTS, autoimmune disorders such as Lyme Disease & Fibromyalgia, high blood pressure or blood circulation problem, anemia, loud noise exposure or acoustic trauma/shock, head injury or TBI, neck injury or muscle problems, hearing loss from aging or other causes, Meniere's Decease, barotrauma from rapid pressure changes in flights or diving, especially with congested nose or sinus causing failure to balance the pressure changes, slapping of the ears, deep grief, untreated sleep apnea, extreme/extended stress, anxiety & panic disorder, depression, sleep deprivation, etc. T can also be caused or made worse by unhealthy diet such as too much salt, sugar, caffeine, MSG, alcohol etc. or by lacking some mineral or vitamin supplements, such as Magnesium, Zinc, B12, D3 etc.

• Informative Informative x 1