Hi, I Just Joined the Forum (Meniere's Disease for 5 Years)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Alassandro, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Alassandro

Alassandro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Everyone,

I was diagnosed with Meniere's disease 5 years ago have continued to suffer from both Vertigo and Tinnitus. This year, after having tried many treatment options with my ENT's recommendation, the symptoms have gotten worse. I tried Diuretics, Steroids, and Betahistine, and I'm still suffering from Vertigo daily. It's gotten to a point where that attacks are more frequent and unpredictable. So, I'm now fearful of driving as well.

I have the following questions:

1. Has anyone been able to receive the same treatment Dana White (UFC President) obtained in Germany?
      2. Has anyone been able to minimize their symptoms through diet (including low salt) and/or vitamins and herbs?

I still have 50%of my hearing in my right ear and do not wish to go to the extreme next step of surgery or Gentamicin (Antibiotic) injectios, both of which have a high degree of risk making you go deaf and 6-8 of recovery.

Thank you

2. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk @Alassandro .
      I have had had Menieres and bilateral tinnitus for about 12 years.
      I take Betahistine 16mg x3 a day and was taking 4-6 Proclorperazine also.
      I have just had a megga tough patch needing AnE and along with a few days benzos and ear spray they have changed Proclorperazine with Cinnarazine off AnE.
      You can take Betahistine with Proclorperazine or Cinnarazine so ask your doctor about it to help you cope better.
      I don't drive no more and do miss it .....lots of love glynis

We do have a Menieres Thread you might like to read but might be a few pages back with a few Menieres posters I think under the Support board.

• Winner Winner x 1
    4. Dominic1955
      Artistic

Dominic1955 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic hearing loss
      @Alassandro i feel your pain!!!!
      I have symptoms similar to yours, relapsing hearing loss and T, luckily in 7 months I had only 2 episodes of vertigo but I feel always unsteady
      I spoke to my otoneurologist and he would only use intratympanic gentamicin if vertigo was disabling. I will see him on November 10 and see if he has any other information.
      I noted no difference in salt etc
      It's very weird!
      Dom