Hi I'm Brie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Brie, Jun 11, 2016.

?

What should I try first? Help!!!

1. Hydrogen Peroxide

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. CQ 10

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. Brie

Brie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      A year
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I honestly believe "work related stress"
      I am sure am glad I found all of you. In my search of natural remedies and countless reviews of over the counter products I landed her..... In the circle of others who suffer from tinnitus.

Not sure where to start with remedies, any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. Cityjohn
      Inspired

Cityjohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5:10 PM 03/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Scombroid food poisoning.
      Hi Brie,

Please examine this forum quite well. There are many things here that may give you insight into tinnitus, how it may occur due to stress, what you can and can't do about it, and how to manage it. Try searching for post containing 'stress', and 'glia'. This may be of help.
      Personally I don't think hydrogen peroxide or CQ10 will do much.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brie

Brie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      A year
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I honestly believe "work related stress"
      Thanks so much.im not aware of the noise until my day comes to an end and I reach the silence of my home. From that point until I fall asleep generally (just a few hours before going to work) the next morning. The noise is non stop. I've tried white noise it doesn't help.

4. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Have you tried other sounds? What works for some may not work for others - there is no universal sound therapy. There are apps (either on phone or computer) that will reproduce other sounds too - try them until you find something that works for you. Also, if you are an Amazon Prime member, you will have access to a lot of "natural sounds" at no additional cost.
      What I understood from a few different audiologists is that, if your goal is habituation, then your "masking noise" should not cover the tinnitus completely, as it would make the stimulus "invisible" to the brain, so there is no hope of habituation. The brain needs to get the stimulus to habituate to it, but you can make your life easier by taking the edge off with a bit os masking over it.
      If you don't hear your T when you are outside, then there is a good chance that you will be able to dilute it with artificial ambient noises at night (because that seems to work during daytime!).

Good luck!