Hi I'm New Here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Needstregnth2016, May 7, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Needstregnth2016

Needstregnth2016 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral labrythitis
      i had viral labrythitis in 2007 and it left me with is weird tinnitus. I think its my blood flow and changes up if i bend and such. I have been to doctors and heard all different theories and disgnosis but no cure? It has come and gone and returned. I dont know its so hard sometimes. I have optic nerve pallor the nuero felt was from the same virus that the tinnitus came from. I need some advice, help, what to do. I have been using suppliments that i know of. I Want to have a quality life and i try so hard to just keep pushing forward but a part of me is scared and i dont want to feel that way any more. It has produced anxiety. I rarely mention it to anyone because it doesnt seem like anyone really cares. I have had mris and ct scans years ago and a more recnt brain mri because of the optic nerve. Brain mri only showed a small change in the optic nerve effected eye but everything was working well so that what that. My doctor checked all the arteries and i even saw a heart doctor who ran a load of tests. They just say sorry basically and that they know it happens to people and its stinks. So here i am nine years later and i guess recently its been more noticable to me for some strange reason. Im 48. Any help. Please help.
    2. billie48

billie48 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Research

Vancouver, Canada
      Tinnitus Since:
      Welcome to the forum. Sorry for the recent spike but you are a T veteran of sort, having dealt with it for so long. As far as what cause the spike, the doctors should be able to help to check if there is a medical reason in the ears. If not, there are many causes to trigger or aggravate tinnitus including drug reaction, ear or Eustachian tube infection, ear drum injury, fluid build-up feeling pressured, TMJ, blood circulation, noise exposure or acoustic trauma, neck problems, hearing loss, Meniere's, barotrauma from flight, stress, anxiety & panic disorder, grief, etc. Perhaps some recent stress and anxiety can fire up T to cause a spike.
    3. fishbone

fishbone Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I am new to this forum just like you, but not new to tinnitus. First of all understand that you shall be ok :) Tinnitus is not an illness, it is very annoying but its not an illness. My tinnitus is full blown and SUPER loud in both ears. People can be honking their horns and my tinnitus is still louder than those levels. Don't be scared, you shall be ok. This forum is awesome and i will be here and support as many good people as i can.

Please find someway to distract your self from T, do something and do not dwell on it. Tinnitus drives people crazy when they dwell on it and say to themselves "my ears are ringing, they ring" and they focus on it. I wish you the best of luck :)
    4. glynis-harbron

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

England, Stoke-on-Trent
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Weĺcome to the forum @needtrength2016 .
      I had a bad attack of Labrynthitus that went on to be Menieres and caused my tinnitus.
      Not long ago I had another attack of Labyrinthitus on top of Menieres and was in a right state.
      The doctor said you have had a double whammy.

You could try sound therapy and medication and talking therapy for anxiety.
      You could also look see if there is a tinnitus support group near you as that is a great support too.
      Well done with coping with tinnitus all the years you have had it.
      Keep posting on the main forums for support and their will always be someone on around the clock to help you....lots of love glynis