Hi I'm New, Tinnitus Started After Bad Anxiety, What Are the Chances of It Going Away?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tony42, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Tony42

Tony42 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have tinnitus for a month and a half and was wondering what are the chances that it will go away because it is driving me crazy and I want it to stop. It is pretty loud I can hear it all the time. High pitch ringing in both ears.

My tinnitus started when I had bad anxiety and it has not gone away since. I will have a ear ache in one ear for couple of seconds and goes alway and that happens in both ears. I'm going to ent Wednesday.

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Welcome to the forum,

see what the ENT says......

3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Have you noticed any improvement compared to a month ago?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tony42

Tony42 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I don't remember what it was like a month ago because I was to worried about surgey. It is not as loud today as it was yesterday

5. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hey @Tony42,

Welcome to the forum...

Step 1 is to go to the ENT for a professional and thorough evaluation, accompanied by a comprehensive hearing exam. This way, you will know if you have hearing issues.

The doctor will also ask you if you have been taking any medications, have recently been ill, etc. He may also order an MRI. Good luck and please let us know how it went!

6. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Anxiety is one of the many causes of tinnitus. Are you sure there isn't any other factors?
      There are many causes which can trigger or aggravate tinnitus including but not limited to drug reaction or side-effects from ototoxic drugs, ear wax build-up, ear or Eustachian tube infection or ETD, ear drum injury, fluid build-up in ears feeling pressured or fullness, sinus infection & congestion especially with a bad cold, TMJ, TTTS, high blood pressure or blood circulation problem, loud noise exposure or acoustic trauma/shock, head trauma & injury, neck injury or muscle problems, hearing loss, Meniere's Decease, barotrauma from sudden change of air pressure such as during landing & taking off on flights especially with blocked nose causing failure to balance the pressure changes, slapping of the ears, deep grief for the loss of loved ones, untreated sleep apnea, extreme, extended stress, anxiety & panic disorder, etc., etc. If the cause of T is found, it can be treated and hopefully then your T will fade away or disappear.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tony42

Tony42 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      They think it is anxiety and stress causing it. How do you get over anxiety and mental stress when you have loud ringing in ears? Any tips?

8. Nick07
      Balanced

Nick07 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possibly noise or unknown
      I would make sure to get out and socialize. I read an article that the love chemical released when creating relationship inhibits tinnitus. I go to Magic the gathering tournaments Mondays and Fridays. When I'm there I don't notice the tinnitus unless I think about it.

Also exercise is a great way of relieving stress. Personally I would recommend running. The natural noise may even mask your tinnitus at times.

9. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      We need to break the viscous cycle of anxiety > louder T > more anxiety. Yes, distraction by living life again is a good way to begin fighting back T. I have been promoting in my success story and other posts, that if we can practice 'finding joy amid the pain', and 'living life abundantly regardless of T', then we rob T of its fuel to continue its tyranny over us. Once the brain catches the idea that life can still go on and can be enjoyable regardless, then the Amygdala, the fight or flight center which had been processing the T signal making everything appearing so highly anxious and stressful, will be replaced by the pre-frontal cortex which doesn't treat T as a mortal threat and which can suppress the fearful reaction. That is why the ringing will seem to be much less intense as now T is not necessarily in the radar of the brain which has to deal with myriads of things and stimuli of the day. So distractions by going out to social, going outdoor or doing things you like, trying new hobbies, exercising, etc. will bring balance back to your life.

If you need some help for controlling your anxiety and don't want to depend on doctor prescribed drugs, then consider some natural alternatives, such as Melatonin, Lemon Balm, Valerian, Hops, Catnips, Passion Flower, Chamomile, Lavender, Kava, etc. You can do google search or check Amazon.com for each of them to know how people review these products, and see if you can take them as a supplement. Check out this site on using natural herbs for helping to sleep or to calm the nerves.

http://www.christopherhobbs.com/lib...ealth/herbs-and-natural-remedies-for-insomnia /

You can also try abdominal breathing and mindfulness meditation to help control anxiety without drugs. Try search youtube and you will find many videos talking about these and giving you tutorials to help you get started. Take good care. God bless.