Hi, Musician for Over 30 Years, Getting Distortion in My Right Ear at Louder Volumes

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Baden, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Baden

Baden Member

Tinnitus Since:
      not sure
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      musician
      My name is Baden and I've been a musician for over 30 years. I've discovered that I get a distortion in my right ear at louder volumes. It affects my guitar playing, my singing (I find I now cough a lot when trying to sing) I've had MRI and a battery of hearing tests.... I'm 54 and am told I have good hearing for someone my age and background.....but........ somethings definitely wrong!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      Hi Baden,

Do you cough because of you feel something in your throat?, It would be a good idea to go with and ENT, because throat problems can affect your Eustachian Tubes. When your Eustachian Tubes are not working well, you sometimes get some kind of hearing distortion.

Get well soon,
      Johnny.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Baden

Baden Member

Tinnitus Since:
      not sure
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      musician
      Hi Johnny..yah it feels like I have a cold.... it also happens when I'm around air conditioning or a fan. And I cough up flight.

4. layzell

layzell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      inner ear infection
      I play the sax and I've been getting loud noises in my right ear for years from the trumpet section! I also have T.