Hi, New Here. Tinnitus for 2, Going on 3 Years

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by lookingcrow, Dec 11, 2017.

1. lookingcrow

lookingcrow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      lyme disease and co-infections
      Hi. I'm Kelli from Wisconsin I have loud high pitched ringing in my left ear 24/7 non stop. It like pings/rings and feels/sounds like it stretches out of my ear into the world. I believe I got it from getting Lyme disease(a bacterial spirochete that bores into every part of your body) 2 going on 3 years ago.

To mention the co-infections of Lyme, babesia, bartonela, Mycoplasma, candida. It is very debilitating and is worse tonight than its been in a while. I also have significant hearing loss in my right ear and a hole in my right ear drum. Swollen lymph nodess... A lot.

I have had a lot of health problems for the last 2-3 years and getting chronically worse. I am seeing am ENT for a lesion on the back of my throat who wants it biopsied and a neurologist to scan my brain but I am scared because I am allergic to contrast dye I had a horrible reaction 3 years ago and had hives I'm afraid of it being worse now having not been treated for Lyme disease. So I don't know what to do or think...

Can people die from contrast dye? I

break out in full body hives and swell up, but there is something going on with my brain I really need to figure it all out I can't keep going on can they see the same without contrast dye? I have a lot of neurological symptoms that are getting worse and bad bad bad headaches.

My jaw also does a weird thing I always have to crack it to the left every couple of minutes this is a newer thing, I told the ENT but she didn't seem to care?

Anyhow thank you for reading and I am looking forward to learning more about tinnitus and ways to cope.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your health challenges.It must be hard to deal with all these issues. The best way to learn about tinnitus and ways to cope is from the success stories where people have walked their talk and share their experiences to cope with or to overcome T. Try to read as many as you can to give you hope and comfort that someday you will be fine just like them. Good luck. God bless.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @lookingcrow I can see why the neurologist wants to use contrast dye as he probably feels that the imaging will give him answers to all the conditions that you have listed. You probably don't have co-infections to Lyme disease. Although actual accurate numbers from the Disease Control Center are in question. I have studied environmental disease and the co-listing is long and can be complicated. I'm not a doctor. I really find it hard to comment more. I would consider seeing a Rheumatologist as well, but you probably had.

4. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Did you get your Lyme disease treated? I have a relative that had Lyme disease and was treated by a woman Dr. from Winona MN. Last I heard she was considerably better. I could find the name of the Dr. if you wish. I don't know if that is related to your tinnitus though?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
      • Informative Informative x 1
    5. MBH

MBH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overloaded stress
      Did you confirm Lyme's with blood work? And if so how come you are not on antibiotics? Lyme's is something you can't play with and when you start to take of it then it will rule out other things going on with you.also did you have a MRI in the past for T. If so, are they doing a MRI with contrast for T or for Lyme's.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lookingcrow

lookingcrow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      lyme disease and co-infections
      I am seeing a neurologist for all the pain in my head and weird vibrating sensations in my head. The cdc is not very accurate tbh, and they have screwed up the whole thing for people with Lyme on treatment and admitting it exists. I haven't had a blood test tell me I DO have it but I have all the symptoms and a psychologist I was seeing told me he thought I probably do have it. It's just this sudden sickness that's come on and won't leave. I had a blood test done but it was negative but my doctor gave me doxycycline anyway because she said they can be false and only the testing is really outdated most people get diagnosed by going through special labs that do special work in Lyme disease and are totally better than the regular hospital ones but its out of pocket and I can't afford it. I did feel better on the first round of doxycycline then I stopped for a while and started again and I just had a bunch of neurological symptoms pop up and get worse. I was referred to rhumetology but I tested negative for arthritis. It's just crazy inflammation and a whole sorts of things.
      Anyhow yes I've had the ringing since the time I believe I got Lyme disease, and ear ringing is a major symptom with it.

7. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      The person I know had to go private on the Lyme treatment and testing. She had many neurological symptoms and was put on antibiotics. I know and feel your frustrations. I have issues with spinal problems (mainly back and toes) and very bad awakening tinnitus.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
      • Like Like x 1
    8. MBH

MBH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overloaded stress
      I know blood work for Lyme's does prove you have it. I had them run Lyme's test on me when I got T, and one bar showed up and he said I have to have more then 3 bars to have Lyme's. I also know people who didn't get diagnosed right, and their Lyme's was bad until they started with antibiotics. Hope you feel better