Hi, New Tinnitus Victim Here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by peter d, Dec 26, 2018.

1. peter d

peter d Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6-2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hello, I am from Holland, and suffering from a beep in my ear for half a year now.

Tried a lot but nothing much helped so far.

In left ear I have a high pitch tone 3000Hz, right was a low frequency tone.

Went to the doctor, flushed ears with warm water, then the low tone went away.
      So still one more to go...

greetz. Peter

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. JoeC100

JoeC100 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hi Peter,

I have the same type of T for 12 years now. All I can say is that you are lucky to have a “low tone” in 1 ear. I was a high tone/low tone T sufferer for so long until I recently experienced a change in my T. I can’t really pin point what triggered my change, but random noise exposure/being 11 years older is what I am attributing it to. Anyhow, I’m leading to cope with this all over again. I had a decade of dealing with it to the point that I was nearly habitualized. I always heard it going, especially in very quiet environments. Now I’m at ground zero, and have been for a little over weeks. I’m slowly dodging the nerves, and figuring out what works to drown out the T. Right now, I’m using a combo of keeping the window in the car cracked/noise maker set on a low level with rain(so that I can barely hear my T)/and avoiding desparetly quiet environments. Emotionally, I am not at my best. Working on living life as usual (which obviously is as easy as the average person may think). Not my idea of kicking off the new year in a good way lol. Good luck moving forward.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      peter d

peter d Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6-2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      hello Joe,

In daytime for me is no problem, only when its quiet indeed.

Notched white noise seem to help me a bit, i dot it for like 30 min. when going to sleep. Seems to help a bit.
      The low tone is back sometimes when going to sleep, itsa problem , when tapping on my rear head it goes away for a bit like this:
      4 possible cures for tinnitus

This one have many, many possibilties to try:
      Playlist: Tinnitus Healing 3951-4050 Hz

And mental able to ignore seems to be important

goodluck too