Hi There! Here's My Tinnitus Story...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SJ Emmons, Nov 19, 2018.

1. SJ Emmons

SJ Emmons Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Recovering from cold, exercised and felt faint
      I'm Susan from London and here's my tinnitus story...

Back in 1994 I was recovering from a bad cold and watching Mr Motivator (a TV fitness celebrity). I thought what's the harm in doing some gentle exercise in the morning.

Wrong!

When I stopped I immediately felt so dizzy and faint I collapsed on my bed with loud, pulsing whooshing noises in my ears. Ever since then I have high-pitched sounds in my ears (more left than right). The doctors basically said it's probably something I have to live with, but that hasn't stopped me looking for something that may help, including ear candles (rolls eyes).

I'd be interested to know if others have the same type of tinnitus I have, and anything that helped.

Luckily it doesn't really affect my hearing, which is fortunate as I'm an amateur musician. But it took many months to come to terms with it. To this day I have to sleep with TV / Netflix / YouTube on so I don't dwell on the racket in my head.

My tinnitus can spike if my diet is bad, I don't have a good night's sleep or through stress. Currently have a spike probably through stress, a bad reaction to some sweets I ate and possibly high blood pressure. I'm going to try and lower my blood pressure and generally eat better in case my brain is trying to tell me to look after myself better.

• Like Like x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @SJ Emmons,
      welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      Did you ever get seen by ENT ?
      love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SJ Emmons

SJ Emmons Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Recovering from cold, exercised and felt faint
      I did at the beginning. As I remember he seemed pretty disinterested and diagnosed Tinnitis with a bit of vertigo.

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Warm welcome to the forum. ENT usually can't do much for our tinnitus unless it is due to some ear infection, wax build up, ear drum injury, ETD etc. They will tell you to live with it. Lol.

For sleep, if you don't mind taking something to help, you may try melatonin, High pitched T is very common. I have ultra high pitched T. You can try mask it with heavy rain, waterfall, cicadas, even shower or faucet sounds. Here is one from youtube that can help mask really high pitched T.

MOST POWERFUL TINNITUS SOUND THERAPY 1...

• Useful Useful x 1