Hi, This Is Sage... New to the Site...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sage, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Sage
      Cheerful

Sage Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      have tinnitus and have recent PT, from recent sinus infect
      Just found this amazing site, can't wait to interact and share experiences... it is so interesting to read others' who have the same experiences with each other.

Allow me to start by saying, I have had low-grade tinnitus for many years, not debilitating, but aggravating to say the least... but this past month I developed a sinus infection, (never had one before) with very stuffy nose, and the more I blow my nose, the more I have to blow my nose, all day long... more ringing in the ears, plugged ears, like talking in a tunnel, occasional headache, and now two days ago, that infamous "whooshing" sound in one ear, that comes and goes, which I assume is pulsatile tinnitus. It would seem to me, the two are connected (the sinus infection and pulsatile tinnitus) Perhaps the sinus infection propagated the pulsatile tinnitus?

Anyone had this strange coincidence as well?

Thank you and I hope to hear from others, and share like experiences with such an illusive and "hard to explain" malady.

the Sage

2. GSC
      Wishful

GSC Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma.
      Hello! Welcome to the forum, I hope you get the help you're looking for, but at this time, all I can do is is tell you not to blow your nose too hard if it increases ringing. Maybe just q-tip your nose delicately, or wipe it so you don't notice a T increase and stuff like that. Try steaming to help clear your sinuses, I hope it goes away for you soon - !

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sage
      Cheerful

Sage Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      have tinnitus and have recent PT, from recent sinus infect
      Hi there, and thank you for the welcome and good advice. And yes, I do not blow too hard, as when I was a child I had a ruptured ear drum (which never bothers me to this day) and I've kept that in mind through the years.

It is nice to meet you and I wish you the best as well.

the Sage

• Hug Hug x 1