HIFU (High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound) Surgery

Discussion in 'Research News' started by daedalus, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      progressive tinnitus, time of expiring in next 3-6 months
      I was into clinic. They done loreta Qeeg and told me they can not help me becouse i dont have type of tinnitus they can treat.

I knew viking by months of chatting and then after failure of his operation and all what happen he changed, but i know his operation failed. I asked when i was about it, I asked professor Jeanmonod and he told me that only limited help can be achieved. Operation is not 100% guarantee, but more like hopefully 50%.

Operation is done by ultrasound emitters that are frying overactive cell on hypothalamus. There is risk of burning blood vessels and causing stroke but that is very minimal as they claim.

Did you try trobalt? People try it after exposure and start becouse then is most effective... I use trobalt now 2 years, with minor brakes...

2. NineNails

NineNails Member

Evidence @Christian78 ?

3. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I JUST DON'T NEED TO GET INTO THESE GAMES, BECAUSE THEY CAUSE STRESS.

I have done 2 eeg and i have bunch of documents, still i if you are Viking please just leave me be, I dont need any sick games of changing nicknames on this forum and then provocating. I know Viking had 3 user accounts, is this forth?

I dont care, I dont have time to play any more any sick minded games.

PS: never issue your name and address and personal data becouse there is stalker on this tt forum. Privet medical document are private and secret.

Go now, be on your merry way

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    4. NineNails

NineNails Member

So it's all just a game to you?

You can censor sensitive data. Besides, who would want to stalk you?

We'd like to see your results for comparison reason. Otherwise we've to presume it's all just another scam.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You are nothing and no one and you don't need to see nothing, special my private data!

• Useful Useful x 1
    6. NineNails

NineNails Member

Exactly!

Anyhow, where there is no proof there is no liability.

7. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am here much longer than you. I have much more contacts with doctors than you around Europe in 5 countries. I don't have data that you need, you can read like anybody else what is written for. There is public profile on webpages and you go and read. Those are ENOUGH for you. What is happening in research is none of your concern, and if there is something publick then you will be informed about it, until then monitor official web page. No need for you to know more. Understand? You are just one of 100 million t sufferers, when there is something important that you get to know, you will.

YOU DON'T GET TO DEMAND FROM ME PRIVATE DOCUMENTS. IF YOU NEED SOMETHING GO AND FIND DOCTORS AND PAY THINGS AND FIND RESEARCHERS AND DO RESEARCH. FOR ME YOU ARE NO ONE, JUST A DROP IN A SEA.

as said i don't need to prove to you nothing, you are faceless and therefore you shell remain as such. there are other people here that you can demand proofs from, but to you no one need to prove anything.

What kind liability you speak about, you are liability. You are so funny, I have nothing to say else. You tell ME i need to prove to you something, and you are faceless no one, why did not someone else asked me for proof. Person who asked me for it got it over internet over facebook. But to you never, just go on your merry way as far as you can from me.

• Funny Funny x 1
    8. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      I've actually emailed Dr. Jeanmonod regarding HIFU:
      He replied:
      So therefore, unless your tinnitus is due to a neurogenic cause, you would probably not respond to HIFU.

• Informative Informative x 2
    9. monacco

monacco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anknown
      @Ecip mine also is idiopathic but I am wondering how psycotherapy could help us, the T is phisycal disorder and not mental disorder the prove is when I take trobalt the hyperactivity of neurons calm down

10. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Well, for some people of could totally be psychological; depression, stress, etc.

In my case, I don't know. I haven't tried any medication. I wouldn't mind trying this whole lidocaine IV injection to see how that goes, but finding a doctor willing to experiment with a guy to see what works and what doesn't is nearly impossible.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Codaz

Codaz Member

Can they see/detect the type of T they can treat with loreta?

12. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      YES, and they got new better machine now in Belgium

13. Codaz

Codaz Member

What does it see? Brain activity isn't also directly tinnitus. I Googled a bit and saw brain imagery but how does that differentiate between normal brain activity / headache / tinnitus?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    14. Codaz

Codaz Member

Do you visit Belgium anytime soon or no more appointments scheduled?

15. Fairy
      Cool

Fairy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Ultrasound, hum, I have reading on this tonight. It was in India, then Switzerland, France,
      Where can you get help???

16. Emmi
      Not amused

Emmi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      I thought that most T's are caused by a hyperactivity of the auditory cortex caused by hearing loss in certain frequencies thus a reduction of auditory inputs.. or am I misunderstanding something?

• Genius Genius x 1
    17. Champ
      Woot

Champ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma from headphones
      For some people this is definitely the case.

There's just a lot of different types of tinnitus. You might have an issue with your ear AND brain so even if you solve one, the other issue is still there.

18. japongus

japongus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      What utter nonsense in his reasoning of your idiopathic tinnitus. How he makes the jump to assume it's not myogenic and that it's psychogenic escapes me. The vasilia report I posted about on the forum was idiopathic...

Do you or anyone know if Jeanmonod considers acoustic trauma and TTTS as psychogenic or myogenic? And could his successful patients change their T with neck movements, indicating at least a somatic component? Or is he just bluffing and poking in the dark?

19. ReyKalinic

ReyKalinic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably vestibular neuritis in summer 1999
      This doc is strange; He give a lot of vagous and different answers;

i wrote for trigeminal pain and tinnitus;

q;
      Hi. I had a look into your website and i found that the thalamocortical process could explain the phenomena of phanotms like tinnitus and pain. Does your approach work on tinnitus, pain or both? The cause of mine is (probably) hearing loss on high frequency and i've tryed all the possible treatment. Thanks.

a;
      Dear Mr Kalinic.
      We apologise for the delayed answer. In neurogenic Tinnitus and pain (after a damage along the auditory pathway) a thalamocortical dysrythmia may be found in the quatitative EEG indeed. Although I have experience (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=tinnitus+jeanmonod). Unfortunately, we do not treat neurogenic Tinnitus and pain at Sonimodul at the present time. We wish you all the best. Daniel Jeanmonod

So, what He did to dedalus or viking and others? Lobothomy clinic of new century???

is this legal?

He cites the official medical literature but there is no scientific evidence about what he would claim

• Informative Informative x 1
    20. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2012 worsened Jan 2017 & Dec 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Hi,

Could someone refresh me on how this HIFU treatment is supposed to work? It's the thalamus that's ablated, isn't it? What's the theory behind how it works?

Apologies if it's already somewhere in this thread but it's just too long to read it all.

Thanks,
      Louise.

21. Lesky

Lesky Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/1997
      Is this method dead for tinnitus and hyperacusis?

22. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Can you stand a 3-5 hour MRI procedure at 130 dB levels? That is the question.

23. Paul Walter

Paul Walter Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Industrial noise
      Did anyone ever go ahead and have this procedure? Did it help? Have there been any further studies ?

24. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      The treatment is dead.

25. OptimusPrimed
      Spaced

OptimusPrimed Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since: