High and Low Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mary70, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Mary70
      Bookworm

Mary70 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Good morning everyone. I am new to this site. I've had the high pitch tinnitus since around 2012. I started in October with the low pitch which I find harder to cope with. Any help is appreciated.
      Maru

2. Cyberdrink

Cyberdrink Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      do you know what caused your tinnitus?

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome @Mary70. Usually the high pitch is what causes the problem. But your low pitch is the new one and that is probably why you find it hard to deal with it. Being new and alien to the brain, it will take a while to get used to this. Many people have 2-tone or multi-tone T and still habituate to that and live a normal, productive life. The famous comedian talk-show host David Letterman is known as a celebrity with a high & low pitch T and he talked about his T with William Shatner of Star Trek in 1996 about his 2-tone T. I include the link to this video below. It seems like he has habituated to his 2-tone T and live a productive life as he only retired about 2 years ago. So give it time for your body to absorb in the 2-tone T. Hope your new low pitch will fade or if not, habituation will happen soon. God bless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCdx8aueK9I

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mary70
      Bookworm

Mary70 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      @billie48 - thank you so much for the welcome. There are days that aren't too bad, then there are the ones that I feel like I'm surrounded by it, especially when time to sleep. Funny thing is that the high pitch I can tell it is inside by ear and nothing blocks it out. The low pitch sounds like it is outdoor at a distance. I do not hear it when I am outside.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mary70
      Bookworm

Mary70 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      @Cyberdrink - no, I didn't realize that something has to cause it. I do have some hearing loss, which I only realized as have to keep on putting the tv louder.