HIIT — HIgh Impact Interval Training

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Joao Rio, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Joao Rio
      Amazed

Joao Rio Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May, 25th 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ Inflamation?? Eustachian Tube Disorder? Cervical Injury?
      Hello

I wanted to discuss a particular development. I believe I have some sort of inflammatory tinnitus.

I have kept doing some physical exercise, in fact, I have increased it since the onset of my tinnitus (18 months ago), since it helps me deal with stress and insomnia. But, recently I have experimented a class at the gym called HIIT (High Impact Interval Training) and I believe it his having a positive impact on my tinnitus.

In this class we do 60 to 120 seconds of a particular exercise at full intensity and then swap to another exercise with no breaks for a total of 20 to 25 minutes. At the end I am sweating like crazy and even feel dizy and start yawning a bit, I guess that is due to a lowered blood pressure. I also have some emotional discharge from the intense effort.

It is high impact, and I try to give it my all, and at the end my tinnitus is almost subdue, or sometimes unnoticeable. This effect last for a few hours. My theory is that the effect of this high intensity exercise has an effect on 3 levels:

i) lower blood pressure
      ii) anti-inflammatory response from the body to the intense exercise
      iii) emotional discharge also helps (I have felt relief from emotional discharge in the past such as when I got so frustrated that I had to talk about my problem and sometimes cry)

Could I get some feedback from similar experiences?

2. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      HI joao HIIT has never changed my T. keep being lucky!!!

3. canyonero

canyonero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma?
      My tinnitus is better the next day if I exercise at night, unfortunately when I tried doing it two nights in a row the second wasn't helpful.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      I'm gonna do 30 to 45 mins or exercising tomorrow, body weight exercises. I don't know what type of tinnitus I really have, I think it's noise induced .. But odd thing is, I went for a walk outside today for an hour and a half, was around 0°C, and after I got back home my tinnitus spiked, and settled back down about an hour or so later. Wth?
      I'll see how it goes tomorrow..

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. Falconfox
      Paranoid

Falconfox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wish I knew, possibly nosie damage.
      I used to love HIIT but as it takes a lot out of you I slowly fell out of practice with it. Nothing better for making large gains in relatively short times I found.

• Like Like x 1
    6. joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      It is high intensity interval training not impact :)

To beat T you need 4 factors combined:

1- change your metabolism to burn ketone
      2- exercise
      3- stress management
      4- spirutual strength

Hiit is a form stress. Stress is good cause the body adapt after but continous stress can kill you.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joao Rio
      Amazed

Joao Rio Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May, 25th 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ Inflamation?? Eustachian Tube Disorder? Cervical Injury?
      Thanks Joseph. I agree with you on points 2, 3 and 4 but do not quite follow on point 1. Would you care to elaborate?

8. joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Sure.

when you go low carbs (usually less than 30g) and up your fat intake your body starts to produce ketones to fuel your brain. This shift usually takes 6 weeks or more. Ketones has been demonstrated to treat many neurodegenerative diseases including epilepsy.

When you are keto adapted, you will get a host of benefits including lowering your blood pressure, better lipo profile, low glucose levels, low inflammation.

in essence ketones can bring the chemical balance to the brain again by regulating Gaba production.

I can go on and on about the ketogenic diet. I just beleive it is well worth it.

9. Guest9201

Guest9201 Guest

There have been plenty of people trying KETO with T/H that noticed no impact, and some even worse.

Nothing works for everyone regarding diet.
      I was on KETO for 1 year few years back and noticed no change in my T.

10. joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Because most people are doing it wrong.

Additionally, diet alone isnt enough. Check my 4 pillars to beat T.

being so pessimistic wont help also.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1